Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    +1
    Haha... all your seals are facing the wrong way K!

Cheers!

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ripcuda View Post
    Haha... all your seals are facing the wrong way ...

Cheers!
    I rebuilt my MSX 140 through-hull assembly to match the Polaris service bulletin (as shown in the image), years ago. Jay also felt that the Polaris method was ‘good enough for him’.

After I properly aligned it, I ran the rebuilt assembly like that for a few years (fresh water only), then sold it still in good running condition. As far as I know there was no problem with water getting into the bearing interior. I did not pull it apart just to inspect.

I am unaware of any A/B testing by forum members with alternate seal orientations to ‘prove’ whether one works better than another.

Well i hope the orientation in your instructions is right lol! I gave it to the machine shop and they are going to press them all in. While im waiting for that i went ahead and started installing a bilge pump and auto float switch. I made a mounting plate out of scrap material that utilized that bolt that is going through the hull right under the driveshaft and carrier bearing. Hopefully it holds. Next up is the updated oil tank. Been putting that off because i didnt want to drain all the oil out yet from the old tank since ive flush it 3 times due to the water in my oil!.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190614_174739.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	449633
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190614_162515.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	449634

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamazuki850 View Post
    ... started installing a bilge pump and auto float switch.

I made a mounting plate out of scrap material that utilized that bolt that is going through the hull right under the driveshaft and carrier bearing. Hopefully it holds. ...

Is that single bolt also holding the front of the intake grate in place?

On PWC a float switch is not preferred since the hull bounces up and down frequently and quite hard when riding in rough water. The float tends to bang up and down and eventually it fails.

I recommend a bilge pump with integrated electronic water sensor. My current watercraft have the Whale SS1212 bilge pump installed.

A few years ago I posted a thread showing how I installed my own bilge pump in MSX 140. In my case I modified the MSX wire harness to provide switched ‘accessory’ power to the bilge pump.

The Rule brand bilge pump is rated for continuous operation dry, which is the factory configuration Polaris used on all models that came with a bilge pump. Whenever the engine is running the bilge pump is spinning.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2709553

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2554520

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2192222

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Is that single bolt also holding the front of the intake grate in place?

Yes its the bolt holding down the intake grate. I didnt tighten the nut down very hard. Also used adhesive on the plate.

On PWC a float switch is not preferred since the hull bounces up and down frequently and quite hard when riding in rough water. The float tends to bang up and down and eventually it fails.

I recommend a bilge pump with integrated electronic water sensor. My current watercraft have the Whale SS1212 bilge pump installed.

A few years ago I posted a thread showing how I installed my own bilge pump in MSX 140. In my case I modified the MSX wire harness to provide switched ‘accessory’ power to the bilge pump.

The Rule brand bilge pump is rated for continuous operation dry, which is the factory configuration Polaris used on all models that came with a bilge pump. Whenever the engine is running the bilge pump is spinning.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2709553

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2554520

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2192222

Well now i might move mine to where yours is and get a different pump. I already wired it to a switch.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamazuki850 View Post
    Well now i might move mine to where yours is and get a different pump.

I already wired it to a switch.
    When I did my MSX bilge pump I was unaware of the Whale SS1212. If I was to do it again I would use the SS1212 rather than the Rule.

The Whale has electronic water sensor and lays quite low in the hull. Very different bracket than the Rule.

In my Yamaha I used Permatex Right Stuff Black sealant to hold the Whale pump bracket in place in the hull. Very sticky stuff, cures to quite a strong bond.

I have no switch installed. Bilge pump is plugged into a small custom wire harness and then direct to the battery, via a fuse. It is sensing for water all the time, even when sitting on the trailer. I do connect a battery maintainer if the machine is going to be sitting for multiple weeks without use, but normally during riding season I do not give the bilge pump any thought at all. It is ready to turn on if needed, all the time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information