Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    +1
    I seem to remember splicing the oem connector on. Test pressure was great, rock steady, so I installed it. I actually pulled the other Quantum version out of this particular ski.....it had trouble making good pressure. Also, don't be surprised if the filter that goes INSIDE the cannister is offset to the wrong side, they acted like I didn't know what I was talking about. Jetskiplusllc has the correct filter. Also the inline has 10mm barbs instead of 8mm.....good luck trying to force that sucker into 8mm hose!

2. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    I seem to remember splicing the oem connector on. Test pressure was great, rock steady, so I installed it. I actually pulled the other Quantum version out of this particular ski.....it had trouble making good pressure. Also, don't be surprised if the filter that goes INSIDE the cannister is offset to the wrong side, they acted like I didn't know what I was talking about. Jetskiplusllc has the correct filter. Also the inline has 10mm barbs instead of 8mm.....good luck trying to force that sucker into 8mm hose!
    I just got off the phone with Quantum and the guy was clueless. Was unable to articulate any difference between the 342DI and the 500DI except for the "profile" and had no recommendation on which one to use in my GTX DI other than "the last one I sold was 342DI". I am trying to figure out power draw and max pressure ratings but none of that seems to be available.

From what I can tell, splicing wires is required of both pumps. Also, the pump will have to put out >107PSI on its own so any pump not rated for that will not work. I am leaning toward the 500DI at the moment but still trying to dig up additional info.

+1
    They are clueless! Get the one that looks like the oem pump.

5. +1 by:

Well, the new 500 pump was junk. DOA. Physically it's a win. Identical to OEM. You just need to change the plug. I assumed all my problems were the pump, but I forgot to go back to basics diagnosing my problems. After I installed the new pump and it wasn't responding, I started to trace wiring. I pulled the pump, put 12v to it directly and nothing. I did the same thing with my OE pump and it worked. In the end, my problem was corroded connections that I thought I had cleaned enough. I just spent the last few hours towing my boys around the river on a tube.
    So... Like the guys in the know have been advising, stay away from Highflow/Quantum pumps.

+1
    It's sad really, all these sellers with no idea about their own product and nobody gives a damn about quality. Aftermarket parts are just a crapshoot these days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information