Riva Ride Plate for 2017 Yamaha FX HO

I own a 2017 FX HO. Like the ski and enjoy the ride with the exception that it porpoises. I adjust the trim down to keep the nose down but not 100% pleased with the results. Whether I ride in the ocean, lake or river there is not much of a difference.

I was considering a Riva Ride Plate but before making the purchase I was looking for reviews. Unfortunately it appears they did not sell many for their are little to none of them. Yes, their are reviews for the SVHO but that is a more powerful ski with Nano 2 hull. I notice a difference riding both stock.

Has anyone installed the ride plate on its own? Pro & Cons. Hoping for an improved ride without any significant sacrifices.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yamaha FX HO purchase.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	449224  

I guess no one has installed a Riva Ride Plate for a 2017 FX HO. Ok

+1
    14-18 are all the same I’ve ridden plenty of 17/18 HO’s and not noticed any porpoising and not adjusted trim either most were stock some had a few bolt ons sponsons prop etc. By far the best was the one with a deans tune and repitched prop and riva sponsons.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I own a 2017 FX HO.

Like the ski and enjoy the ride with the exception that it porpoises.

I adjust the trim down to keep the nose down but not 100% pleased with the results. Whether I ride in the ocean, lake or river there is not much of a difference.

You may want to inspect under the hull. Look for incorrect assembly or mis-alignment of the lower hull surfaces with the ride plate and intake grate.

Also look at the jet pump. Make sure the nozzles are correctly aligned. Service manual would have the method and specifications for nozzle adjustment.

Also eyeball along the length of the hull front to back under the center area. Is the hull warped in some manner? A long straight edge might be helpful to gauge whether there is an issue under there.

Thread Information