Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

Blown '07 GTX s/c

Hi,

Someone has contacted me to see if I was interested in fixing their blown up super charged GTX. Somebody else has already pulled the engine and torn it apart. From the pictures I have seen, a chunk has been taken out of at least one piston that resembles a ring land letting go. Probably has bent valves. There is also a hole melted through the intake manifold. So originally I told the guy I am not too interested in rebuilding his engine since it has already been torn apart and I may not be able to figure out what caused the failure in the first place. So it may happen again after I rebuild the engine. So I told him I would probably just put a reman engine in it. After doing to searching on this page, the consensus is that SBT remans are junk. So would you recommend that I just rebuild the original engine? It'll probably need a block, head, crank, rods, pistons, and who knows what else.

What are the common causes for failures on these engines? Any advice for me?

Thank you

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    stay away from this one, you do not want to come in behind something like this.

it's like marrying a gal that's already pregnant.

if you insist find somebody parting out a similar ski

3. +1 by:

+1
    Lol thank you sir. Great analogy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Lol thank you sir. Great analogy.
    Yep, captain Pete has a way with words, lol! RR

6. +1 by:

+1
    It doesnt sound like you know very much about the 4Tec engines. I'm wondering why someone would ask you to rebuild it for them. I've taken on similar projects but knew what I was taking on. In this case, the owner would be better off f finding a good used motor instead of trying to rebuild his. AlsoI think you can get a rebuilt motor from Sea Doo for around $2700.

Hi,

Someone has contacted me to see if I was interested in fixing their blown up super charged GTX. Somebody else has already pulled the engine and torn it apart. From the pictures I have seen, a chunk has been taken out of at least one piston that resembles a ring land letting go. Probably has bent valves. There is also a hole melted through the intake manifold. So originally I told the guy I am not too interested in rebuilding his engine since it has already been torn apart and I may not be able to figure out what caused the failure in the first place. So it may happen again after I rebuild the engine. So I told him I would probably just put a reman engine in it. After doing to searching on this page, the consensus is that SBT remans are junk. So would you recommend that I just rebuild the original engine? It'll probably need a block, head, crank, rods, pistons, and who knows what else.

What are the common causes for failures on these engines? Any advice for me?

Thank you
    I have enough parts for a built btm end if your guy wants to go that way pm me if your interested.

+1
    Easy money... tell him I can help him out 918 981 0064

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ncdoo View Post
    It doesnt sound like you know very much about the 4Tec engines. I'm wondering why someone would ask you to rebuild it for them. I've taken on similar projects but knew what I was taking on. In this case, the owner would be better off f finding a good used motor instead of trying to rebuild his. AlsoI think you can get a rebuilt motor from Sea Doo for around $2700.
    Nope, never even changed the spark plugs on a 4tec. When it comes to 2 stroke skis, 4 stroke bikes, quads, and utvs I am the local guy to talk to.......

Nope, never even changed the spark plugs on a 4tec. When it comes to 2 stroke skis, 4 stroke bikes, quads, and utvs I am the local guy to talk to.......
    A motor is a motor it's nothing but a heat pump really.I have confidence in you that you can surely change a spark plug lol.

+1

In that case, it would be wise to have access to a SeaDoo shop manual(s) and/or CanDoo.

13. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information