Polaris MSX 140 Bendix Disengaging immediately

Polaris mx140 starting problem. Well Iíve tried everything so figured I would throw it out to the group. Polaris mx140, bendix spins and then immediately disengages. Flywheel is fine, bendix seems to be fine, spring is in the cover. With no plugs in, it turns over just fine , so itís only under load. Battery is at 13.4 volts, I added an extra ground, no change, battery cables are fine. Changed the solenoid, no change. Only thing I have not done is change the starter but as I said it spins fine with the plugs out. Any other ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    What makes you think the Bendix is Ďfineí?

Have you removed the flywheel cover and inspected?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 007jr View Post
    Polaris mx140 starting problem. Well Iíve tried everything so figured I would throw it out to the group. Polaris mx140, bendix spins and then immediately disengages. Flywheel is fine, bendix seems to be fine, spring is in the cover. With no plugs in, it turns over just fine , so itís only under load. Battery is at 13.4 volts, I added an extra ground, no change, battery cables are fine. Changed the solenoid, no change. Only thing I have not done is change the starter but as I said it spins fine with the plugs out. Any other ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James
    I just replaced mine this week. , remove engine, take off front cases and fly wheel. Go to Canadain tire to get cheap fly wheel puller. Pop that off and put new bendix in. I got it from royal distribution in Ontario 50 bucks new

Thread Information