Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ct.
    Posts
    425
    +1
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicgun View Post
    looks like an addicted style like I have. The pump will be a regular yamaha shaft, just replace with a good used one. The challenge will be finding a replacement mid shaft as that one is junk.
    "addicted" looks like they were addicted to something with that cob job.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by TJS0712F View Post
    "addicted" looks like they were addicted to something with that cob job.
    lol, yes it does

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by TJS0712F View Post
    "addicted" looks like they were addicted to something with that cob job.
    Is addicted a company that made these? I assume they no longer do that?

    Yes, we had figured out the pump shaft was just regular Yamaha, so that will be the easy part.

    So how would one replicate this addicted shaft part? The back appears to be the Yamaha midshaft and the front is obviously seadoo, but how are these joined, are they cut and welded together or …?
    Last edited by 68SSConvt; 06-07-2019 at 10:38 AM. Reason: typo

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ct.
    Posts
    425
    +1
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by 68SSConvt View Post
    Is addicted a company that made these? I assume they no longer do that?

    Yes, we had figured out the pump shaft was just regular Yamaha, so that will be the easy part.

    So how would one replicate this addicted shaft part? The back appears to be the Yamaha midshaft and the front is obviously seadoo, but how are these joined, are they cut and welded together or …?
    Did you not read my post #2 and #5.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TJS0712F View Post
    Did you not read my post #2 and #5.
    Yes, I did read your post #5. I guess I read that as how you would do it and I was just asking how it was originally done by “addicted” whoever that is? So do you think my neighbors shaft was don’t that way? Doesn’t the Yamaha shaft already have threads? Does that mean the seadoo shaft was just threaded to match the stock Yamaha threads? Would that mean that possibly the weld could be ground away and the two parts unthreaded and then a new Yamaha shaft threaded back in and welded? Or would the Yamaha shaft have been rethreaded to different threads?

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ct.
    Posts
    425
    +1
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by 68SSConvt View Post
    Yes, I did read your post #5. I guess I read that as how you would do it and I was just asking how it was originally done by “addicted” whoever that is? So do you think my neighbors shaft was don’t that way? Doesn’t the Yamaha shaft already have threads? Does that mean the seadoo shaft was just threaded to match the stock Yamaha threads? Would that mean that possibly the weld could be ground away and the two parts unthreaded and then a new Yamaha shaft threaded back in and welded? Or would the Yamaha shaft have been rethreaded to different threads?
    I am not sure how they did it, but you know my thoughts on their job.

  7. #17


  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TJS0712F View Post
    I am not sure how they did it, but you know my thoughts on their job.
    I don’t think the cobble job was from the original conversion. I think the splines eventually stripped and the someone cobbled a fix with the pin and welds. But I could be wrong on that.

    That’s why i asked for details about the “addicted” shaft, so I could better understand what my neighbor currently has.

  9. #19
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,991
    +1
    1,419
    The splines of the beerdart/addicted shaft is stock yamaha Part #2 in the pic unscrews and is threaded onto a cut and threaded seadoo shaft. I have the original drawing somewhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	449385  

  10. #20

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB - Parts WTB GPRXP Motor Mounts / Conversion Drive Shaft
    By INSANO in forum Conversion Skis Classifieds
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-27-2018, 09:50 AM
  2. WTB Conversion shaft, yamaha driveshaft. and Sea-Doo shaft adapter for GPRXP
    By Ziggy in forum Conversion Skis Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-24-2018, 07:22 PM
  3. looking for GPRXP conversion drive shaft to buy
    By KyleP in forum Conversion PWC Performance Skis
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-15-2012, 04:39 PM
  4. FS conversion drive shaft for sale GPRXP
    By henn in forum Conversion Skis Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 07:39 PM
  5. WTB gprxp conversion mounts n drive shaft
    By gomzi4629 in forum Conversion Skis Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 05:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •