+1

Riva pro cooling system problem

I keep getting a clog in the left water outlet. I see very little water coming out and the water coming out gets real hot. Sometimes it clogs so bad that nothing but smoke comes out water outlet. Has anyone had a problem like this. Any ideas on how to fix? I take it home and blow it out with a big air compressor tank. Then itís seems ok. Looking for a way to stop having this issue.
    Last edited by Mmafighter; 05-28-2019 at 10:28 PM.

+1
    93 views and nobody has a clue?🤷🏻♂️

When you blow it out do you get debris of any sort? Could it be possible it's getting kinked and the air pressure is expanding the kink temporarily?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmafighter View Post
    I keep getting a clog in the left water outlet. I see very little water coming out and the water coming out gets real hot. Sometimes it clogs so bad that nothing but smoke comes out water outlet.

... Any ideas on how to fix?

I take it home and blow it out with a big air compressor tank. Then it seems ok.

Looking for a way to stop having this issue.
    Which way are you 'blowing it out'? By forcing air into the left side hull fitting?

You may need to take the hoses off inside the hull and see if you have some blockage that you are just pushing back and forth with the comprtessed air and then the water flow.

Not just the exit hose to the hull fitting, but also the hoses that feed the oil cooler.

If you drilled out the plastic tee fittings in the cooling water feed path, you may have some plastic debris that was left in the fitting and is now caught somewhere.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Which way are you 'blowing it out'? By forcing air into the left side hull fitting?

You may need to take the hoses off inside the hull and see if you have some blockage that you are just pushing back and forth with the comprtessed air and then the water flow.

Not just the exit hose to the hull fitting, but also the hoses that feed the oil cooler.

If you drilled out the plastic tee fittings in the cooling water feed path, you may have some plastic debris that was left in the fitting and is now caught somewhere.
    Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

Iím gonna check it tonight and see what what I find. Thanjs

+1
    What did you find if anything?

Thread Information