Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Slower then I should be ?

What’s up everyone hope all had a great and safe memorial weekend

few questions or concerns.

I have an 18 rxtx prop, top loader intake grate , ss wear ring , upgraded carbon seal kit. Imuk manifold , intake and stage 2 riva tune riva says I should be getting in the 80s yesterday my ski would not doing more then 75 and struggling to go more. My buddy has a 19 with just scom and was keeping next to me. Wtf is going on lol

Well, not sure where you live, but here in Florida, summer is officially here. This entire weekend, we've already had well into the 90's with what feels damn near 100% humidity. I'm not even remotely to the level of tech savvy as most of this forum is, but I'm going to toss out that heat and humidity along with water conditions are probably playing hell on your performance. I'm not saying 5+ MPH you're losing is strictly all that, but first things I would look at is what your RPM's and/or maybe see what your boost is on your SC. I would also make sure nothing is sucked up in the intake grate as well as any potential prop damage.

Again, I'm sure I could very well be out in left field with my suggestions, and others will have more helpful advice, but I would start with those basics and go from there. I know you said you have stage 2, but do you have a catch can as well? Not going to add any more performance, but will help from reducing performance over time if that makes sense. Bit of a PITA to install, at least it was for me on my '18 PX 300, but even after a few rides and only 26 hours, I've had to drain it twice already. I think it's a worthwhile investment to prevent sludge going back into the intake. Just my .02. Hope this helps!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hemikidd View Post
    What’s up everyone hope all had a great and safe memorial weekend

few questions or concerns.

I have an 18 rxtx prop, top loader intake grate , ss wear ring , upgraded carbon seal kit. Imuk manifold , intake and stage 2 riva tune riva says I should be getting in the 80s yesterday my ski would not doing more then 75 and struggling to go more. My buddy has a 19 with just scom and was keeping next to me. Wtf is going on lol
    intake and imuk are only worth about 100RPM if you don't add more vents to the hull, the TX hull is very air restrictive. See the thread where we talk about more venting for the hull. No way your getting into the 80s gps with a stage 2 in any kind of warm water/weather. Stage 4 tx is barely in the 80s this time of year in FL.

You should be running a catch can and make sure your oil level is not above the half full mark. You may want to take a picture of the intake side of your IC and make sure it isn't full of sludge.

What is an upgraded carbon seal kit? Why the stainless ring and top loader grate? Neither of which will make you go faster by the way.

+1
    What RPM?

+1
    I would put the stock grate back on. I know with my 14 TX, the Riva grate cost me about 1.5 mph. It helps that hull with bounce and in rough water, but I lost speed.

+1
    Also loose the SS wear ring and put in a SXX 13/18. you will glad you did.

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Also loose the SS wear ring and put in a SXX 13/18. you will glad you did.

already have one done

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hemikidd View Post
    already have one done
    Which one the wear ring of the prop?
    I would not run the SXX 13/18 with a SS wear ring.

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Which one the wear ring of the prop?
    I would not run the SXX 13/18 with a SS wear ring.

both.. and why not?

+1
    The only person that we know of on here that has had a problem with the SXX 13/18 was somoene running a SS wear ring. It seems that, that prop may flex. Prop flex and a SS wear ring do not play nice together.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information