What was the temp and altitude when you recorded 75 at 8200rpm

65-67 degress

no i have not idk how i would do that

Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Have you checked the engine alignment?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hemikidd View Post
    65-67 degress

Have you run with your maptuner to see what your boost pressure is?

Quote Originally Posted by NitroFish300 View Post
    Have you run with your maptuner to see what your boost pressure is?

i have not , not sure how to honestly

+1
    no i have not idk how i would do that
    Coming from the Yamaha side, thats understandable. Get a shop manual at BRPmanuals.com. It will list all the tools needed to do the job and instruction on how to do the job.

so here is my update , did a datalog sent it over to jesus from riva first log he saw nothing wrong in the logs but cant figure out where im getting 70-73 at 8000-8200 rpm told me switch the tune to the stage 2 AGR tune and same thing nothing changed sent him over the new log file he cant see anything wrong with the logs and number . now ive changed my prop 3 times in the last 2 months trying to dial in this ski and see where the fuck my issue is and nothing someone for the love of god help me out here. im on stock prop pump was rebuilt stock oem wear ring and NO GAINS in speed or anything! im getting fed up with this ski at this point

so here is my update , did a datalog sent it over to jesus from riva first log he saw nothing wrong in the logs but cant figure out where im getting 70-73 at 8000-8200 rpm told me switch the tune to the stage 2 AGR tune and same thing nothing changed sent him over the new log file he cant see anything wrong with the logs and number . now ive changed my prop 3 times in the last 2 months trying to dial in this ski and see where the fuck my issue is and nothing someone for the love of god help me out here. im on stock prop pump was rebuilt stock oem wear ring and NO GAINS in speed or anything! im getting fed up with this ski at this point
    Typical things that seem to rob speed can be overfilled oil, a boost leak, plugs, or even a bad coil. The fact that your rpms seem to be ok would suggest something more related to the pump though. Check your wear ring, check your pump seal, and it's also entirely possible that you got a dud of a prop from the factory too. I would say if the problem isn't in the engine, then you may as well start tearing down the pump and checking it. A prop with the wrong pitch could spin the appropriate rpm amd be low on speed. A bad wear ring can do the same. A performance pump seal will help with cavitation too. But if your rpm's are in the correct range, your issue is somewhere in the back of the ski most likely I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by BMist371 View Post
    Typical things that seem to rob speed can be overfilled oil, a boost leak, plugs, or even a bad coil. The fact that your rpms seem to be ok would suggest something more related to the pump though. Check your wear ring, check your pump seal, and it's also entirely possible that you got a dud of a prop from the factory too. I would say if the problem isn't in the engine, then you may as well start tearing down the pump and checking it. A prop with the wrong pitch could spin the appropriate rpm amd be low on speed. A bad wear ring can do the same. A performance pump seal will help with cavitation too. But if your rpm's are in the correct range, your issue is somewhere in the back of the ski most likely I would think.

pump was just rebuilt not cause had to but to elminate that , brand new prop ,brand new wear ring have 3 hours on it if that. first ride out nothing over 75mph

Quote Originally Posted by BMist371 View Post

also plugs are brand new coil pack woulndt that have shown low spark on my datalog? he didnt see anything with that and boost leak he said log looked fine on that

also plugs are brand new coil pack woulndt that have shown low spark on my datalog? he didnt see anything with that and boost leak he said log looked fine on that
    Start tearing down pump housing in the back of the ski then. Check your wear ring for damage and check the impeller for damage. The veins behind the impeller should be inspected for damage too, as that can rob speed as well. Order a riva pump seal to stick in it while you are in there. If I were going to do that, I'd either send my impeller off to Impros to be pitched and finished or buy a Solas.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information