2015 seadoo spark- broken handle bar / steering

Hey all,

So the right side handle bar complete with the throttle broke right off my 2015 seadoo spark sending driver tumbling. no one was hurt. I looked up this issue and saw there was a recall on the 2014 model. Several questions. First and foremost is replacing the handle bar even possible and what would be a reasonable range for repair cost for something like this? (It can be fixed right??). Also i bought it from a large dealer. Should they be the first point of contact to see if the factory recall exists for my model? if it does, does that mean it will be fixed for free or is that just wishful thinking? Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    Hey all,

So the right side handle bar complete with the throttle broke right off my 2015 seadoo spark sending driver tumbling. no one was hurt. I looked up this issue and saw there was a recall on the 2014 model. Several questions. First and foremost is replacing the handle bar even possible and what would be a reasonable range for repair cost for something like this? (It can be fixed right??). Also i bought it from a large dealer. Should they be the first point of contact to see if the factory recall exists for my model? if it does, does that mean it will be fixed for free or is that just wishful thinking? Thanks!!
    Hey gbshabo,

We are very sorry to hear this and we are very happy to hear that nobody was injured.

We would advise you to bring your unit into your local authorized dealership for immediate assistance. Once your unit is at the dealer location, kindly send us an email to brp.care@brp.com or, you can call us directly at 1-888-272-9222 and we would be happy to submit your case to our senior representative department for further assistance.Please be sure to provide us with your contact information, your unit's VIN and the name of this forum with your username.

We hope that everyone is doing alright and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kindest Regards,

David-BRPcare

Thread Information