Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hopping after prop change

Well I done my first prop change then other day, to my 2010 fzs stage 2. Was running a stocker with my stage 2, and was averaging 79.6mph at 8650, so I was recommended to change to a 13/22r solace to keep around the same rpms but gain a couple more mph. It was kind of like my last mod for this project. I have the r@d plate also, I tried it last summer with no shimms and I hopped horrible, so I just added 1 shimm to each side in rear and it made it much better, it was good for a little over 2mph gain. Now after switching to 13/22r as soon as you hit the gas the nose goes in the air and hops bad like it did with no shimms, is this normal? It was memorial day weekend and water was pretty rough, but it's definitely worse now, I know I could add another shim but then that would pretty much be defeating the purpose of changing props?
    Last edited by Jhb; 05-26-2019 at 10:19 PM.

Edit

Ride plate really has nothing to do with initial take off, I’m guessing that your new impeller just amplified a problem that has always been there.

That said, I’m unfamiliar with your ski but you need to check into improving either ride plate, intake grate or possibly sponsons.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboX View Post
    Ride plate really has nothing to do with initial take off, Iím guessing that your new impeller just amplified a problem that has always been there.

That said, Iím unfamiliar with your ski but you need to check into improving either ride plate, intake grate or possibly sponsons.
    Ok thanks.. I am gonna wait and catch a day on the lake other than memorial day weekend, before I jump to conclusions, lake looked more like the ocean..my kawi ultra x just cut right through it pretty good though.
    I am gonna play with my shims if still not satisfied.
    I lost some of my shims that came with my plate, does anyone know what size washers to use that would be the same size or close that I could use?

+1
    You are going to need a longer ride plate to get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingram View Post
    You are going to need a longer ride plate to get rid of it.
    This r&d is pretty long, which plate is longer ?

What impeller did you have before?? Is it hopping while get on plane at top speed??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhb View Post
    This r&d is pretty long, which plate is longer ?
    I believe the worx plate is longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug78 View Post
    What impeller did you have before?? Is it hopping while get on plane at top speed??
    Had stock impeller. Mainly under acceleration, even small waves cause it to catch air. With stock impeller and current plate set up it wasn't as planted in rough as good as stock but it was much better than now. I could justify it for the increase in mph, but know after prop change it's a good bit worse, wasn't sure if this was normal after changing props or not,?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Ride plate is problem add washer to rear.....really I'd ditch the rideplate their are faster ones than that people are using

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information