Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    downunder123
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    .....I'm not quite sure if water would have a negative impact.... .
    Don't use water for testing. It will make corrode the internal electrical parts inside the pump.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Msxslayer View Post
    HFP-378 Polaris Genesis FFI/Genesis FICHT/Genesis I/MSX 140 / Virage I/Virage TXI 1999-2004 Personal Watercraft Fuel Pump with Installation Kit
    This is what I got. Opinions? Was on amazon
    Hfp378 pump
    Life time warranty
    That is the one we believe will work. Considering how much work it is to change, I'd still check the current draw befor I installed it.

That is the one we believe will work. Considering how much work it is to change, I'd still check the current draw befor I installed it.
    Will do thanks for the hel will post results in a week

Msx 140 fuel pump

Quote Originally Posted by bspanovic View Post
    Don't use water for testing. It will make corrode the internal electrical parts inside the pump.
    Do I have to pump anything to get a reading. Can’t try it dry? Or has to be under load

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Msxslayer View Post
    Do I have to pump anything to get a reading. Can’t try it dry? Or has to be under load
    Has to be pumping fuel, with a pressure regulator inline.

Got the ski working. Fuel pump was gone. Works awesome now I hear the pump cut in, Now onto to the seals and bearings

+1
    Just curious if you tested the amp draw on the HFP-378 pump? I had a direct replacement in my MSX 140 when I bought it and it over amped and would stall out after 30 seconds of WOT. It was drawing about 8 amps if I remember correctly. Ended up buying a used original. Ran perfectly after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoopty View Post
    Just curious if you tested the amp draw on the HFP-378 pump? I had a direct replacement in my MSX 140 when I bought it and it over amped and would stall out after 30 seconds of WOT. It was drawing about 8 amps if I remember correctly. Ended up buying a used original. Ran perfectly after that.
    Hey I have it running on the trailer home here but not on the water yet and not at wot. What’s a easy way to test it now,

+1
    What we would like you to do is measure the current draw of the pump. This can be done by disconnecting the large, 40 pin, connector from the EMM. Next, ground pin 40 (brown wire) through a current meter. The pump will run when you do this and the current draw will be displayed on the meter.

What we would like you to do is measure the current draw of the pump. This can be done by disconnecting the large, 40 pin, connector from the EMM. Next, ground pin 40 (brown wire) through a current meter. The pump will run when you do this and the current draw will be displayed on the meter.
    K will do. Pouring rain today so I will be back at some point when it clears

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information