Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

+1
    Little testing today - trim down one click - almost perfect - running 8300 76 mph - I think I'm going to shim one side of the rear - then try the other - as leaning seems to help

Quote Originally Posted by kazsak View Post
    I got a 2019 FX SVHO Limited and has been carrying an aluminum rack with 3 gas cans behind. The ski is unstable at high speeds (bouncing). Like to get this resolved so I can got WOT even with the extra gas.

Any idea what is causing it?

My only question is why ? I mean to each his own but with 3 cans how much fun can you possibly expect to have.

+1
    Some of us enjoy cruising - just as I do with my Cycle - often cruise 100 miles or more. Life is more than donuts

Whatever trips your trigger...

+1
    when you guys are talking about "bouncing", are you riding on glass or close to it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboX View Post
    My only question is why ? I mean to each his own but with 3 cans how much fun can you possibly expect to have.
    3 cans of gas = 1 or 2 more hours of fun!

+1
    Id look into a plumbed in setup if you're carrying that much extra fuel Tim did a nice setup on his '19 look him up panhandle pwc.

+1
    Different Tim here - I just plumbed a mueller 12 gallon into my system tied to the oem vent line - it draws fuel from the rear first
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190919_152255.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	453962  

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tchies View Post
    ... mueller 12 gallon into my system tied to the oem vent line - it draws fuel from the rear first
    Moeller ?

Photos and details on where and how you routed the fuel line in from outside and then forward.

What happens with the vent system when you want to ride without the external fuel tank?

Have you done some on water testing?

How far down does the front tank level get (presuming you start off with both tanks quite full) when the rear tank first reaches empty?

How much fuel remains in the rear tank at the end of a long ride?

Would rough water riding allow air to slosh into the rear pickup and the transfer hose as the rear tank level gets down?

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    play with your rideplate, shim it.
    i have to shim mine depending on set up, any weight change will change the way the ski rides.

+1
    Moeller ?

Photos and details on where and how you routed the fuel line in from outside and then forward. I went thru the rear opening by the hook and drill thru next to the battery vent - ran the hose along the right side zipped to the footwell drain

What happens with the vent system when you want to ride without the external fuel tank?. Just quick connect a piece to the the back and let let it vent by the hook

Have you done some on water testing? Yes - but I try not to spend to much time . On occasion- you will get air thru - usually when rear tank is low - then it draws main tank until it stablizes

How far down does the front tank level get (presuming you start off with both tanks quite full) when the rear tank first reaches empty? Typically not very far as venting is needed

How much fuel remains in the rear tank at the end of a long ride? virtually none - rear becomes vent for main tank

Would rough water riding allow air to slosh into the rear pickup and the transfer hose as the rear tank level gets down? sometimes - not an issue

There are quite a few that have this or a similar setup. A bit easier than trying to add gas from a strapped on tank in the open water -- which I have done.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information