RXP-X 300 Fires up but won't stay running

Hey Guys... I have a 2017 RXP-X 300 with 16 hrs on it. Needless to say it hasn't been ridden much. Went to take it out Saturday and it started fine.. put it in sport mode and launched it... got about 200 yards out and it just died. It would turn over but no fire. Cleaned battery connections and it fired right up. I didn't run it long due to no hose connected and thought it was fixed. Went out Sunday and it fired up but only ran about 30 seconds and then got rough, acted like it was running out of gas... then died. It would only fire up again if I waited 10 minutes or so... but same results... runs 30 secs and dies. I thought maybe bad fuel pump and after ten minutes or so, enough gas got through to fire up but didn't get enough to keep running. I just finished messing with the pump and it's fine... shoots off like it was on a date with Stormy Daniels!! Any ideas?

+1
    Water in gas, drain tank, fill with new should be good

that was next... didn't think it was the issue only because the wife's RXP 260 has the same gas and was ran at the same times... hers runs great! Thank you

Change your spark plugs.

So... changed out gas and added Sta-bil 360 marine. I had to order plugs which will be in this afternoon. I did fire it up after gas swap. It ran longer but would backfire occasionally and die. That's when I pulled the plugs and just put the caps back in to avoid debris from getting in. I went out to the garage this morning and heard a beep. I look over and my display is trying read a key that isn't connected. It will scroll for awhile then go blank, does this about every 3 minutes. Display shows no fault codes. I tried the mode button, like the manual says, and i don't even get the "no fault codes" like the manual says. Needless to say it was obviously doing this all night and killed the battery. I charged the battery and put the old plugs in for now. I fired it up but died again after 30 sec. Still keeps trying to read a key that isn't connected!?!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MJJAS View Post
    So... changed out gas and added Sta-bil 360 marine. I had to order plugs which will be in this afternoon. I did fire it up after gas swap. It ran longer but would backfire occasionally and die. That's when I pulled the plugs and just put the caps back in to avoid debris from getting in. I went out to the garage this morning and heard a beep. I look over and my display is trying read a key that isn't connected. It will scroll for awhile then go blank, does this about every 3 minutes. Display shows no fault codes. I tried the mode button, like the manual says, and i don't even get the "no fault codes" like the manual says. Needless to say it was obviously doing this all night and killed the battery. I charged the battery and put the old plugs in for now. I fired it up but died again after 30 sec. Still keeps trying to read a key that isn't connected!?!
    Fuel pump might be toast. I just had mine with bad gas. Would not turn on and it would backfire out intake badly. Changed out the gas, pulled off fuel hose and had it drain into a bottle. Cycled dess and fuel shot in there what I thought was pretty good pressure. Went to turn her on and she purred to life. If I gave it throttle it would die or sputter and put put out the intake. Changed fuel pump and problem solved. What I thought was good fuel pressure was a joke compared to the new pump.

Check fuel pressure.

I have a 16 and about the same hours and going to take it out this weekend ur scaring me lol

Thread Information