Exclamation 2008 Sea Doo GTX - wont start once it gets in the water

I have an unusual problem that I hope is not so unusual. Hopefully, someone has a simple answer to this issue.

I have a 2008 GTX. Ski starts up fine out of the water on the trailer, but once we get in the water, its dead. Some times well get some beeps on the post and the gauges light up, but recently there was nothing. Took it out of the water immediately, tried the key again and it fired right up.

Any ideas on what the issue could be? Ran it a few weeks ago and no issues. Thanks.

+1
    Battery connections or grounds. More load to crank engine in water will show bad connection

Look at the 3 grounds kn front of engine for corrosion or loose as well as clean battey cables and terminals

Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    Battery connections or grounds. More load to crank engine in water will show bad connection

Look at the 3 grounds kn front of engine for corrosion or loose as well as clean battey cables and terminals
    Thank you. Ill take a look at that. I know the battery terminals are clean and tight. I pulled the battery for the winter and it just went back in.

Finally got to work on the ski tonight. I checked all connections and fuses. Everything looks good. At first when I put the key on, it had power and would start. Then over time of me messing with connections and wires, there was no power. After another 30 minutes of poking around, the power came back. This is so odd. Is there a relay or something that could be bad? How about the battery cables? The battery is giving off 12.7 volts so I don’t think that is the issue.

The cables have corrosion inside the insulation most likely. Moving them gives temporary connection then it disappears again. Measure them for resistance should be zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Tintman20 View Post
    The cables have corrosion inside the insulation most likely. Moving them gives temporary connection then it disappears again. Measure them for resistance should be zero.
    I was thinking that too. Do I need to disconnect the wires to test for that? Assuming I do.

Thread Information