Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi

A clutch failure is so easy to check, just pop of the air intake hose going into the Super charger and with the engine off put your fingers in and see if the blades spin both ways. Both ways is a failed clutch, one way movement only and solid the other is good and if some movement indicates the clutch is on its way out. I have a 2010 FX SHO and have replaced 3 clutches in my 205hrs.

Cheers

Dave

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spi200 View Post
    Hi

A clutch failure is so easy to check, just pop of the air intake hose going into the Super charger and with the engine off put your fingers in and see if the blades spin both ways. Both ways is a failed clutch, one way movement only and solid the other is good and if some movement indicates the clutch is on its way out. I have a 2010 FX SHO and have replaced 3 clutches in my 205hrs.

Cheers

Dave
    Wow! I just replaced my clutch at same hours for the first time!

+1
    Hey guys, pulled the riva filter and tried turning the charger and it spins one way free and on the other way it ls tight but with very little amount of sponginess i mean very little as far i can feel. Another issue now has showed is after getting the injectors cleaned its has now gotten hard to start when cold or after sitting for a while like I mentioned in previous post. I also changed the plugs, the less than a year old plugs look bad on the outside see pic. Also posting a video i took this morning when changing the plugs if you watch till the End i got a good start and then i tried a couple starts after and it was good until i leave it a while then it get hard to start again.
    Thanks for the feedback hopping i can figure this out!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9CF8CD55-52DD-4B57-BBFD-C35D6628F717.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	448731  

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    What are you calling 'hard to start'? More than maybe 1-2 seconds of crank time before it fires up?

+1
    Plug threads look bad but the core looks ok, are they the right gap? 0.8mm wondering if timing might have skipped? Compression test next I guess...

mine has never ever struggled to start like that certainly something wrong.... no codes?

at least you can rule out the clutch for now.

+1
    It just starts stumble and stop after doing that many times then I get a good start. Seems like the fuel doesn’t stay primed. The starting was perfect sunday (ran all day)while still having the top end issue. The starting problem only happened after getting injectors cleaned trying to rule them out as the fault of the rpm lost
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What are you calling 'hard to start'? More than maybe 1-2 seconds of crank time before it fires up?

+1
    They are gaped to specs, no codes. The starting only got like that after “cleaning the injectors “ sunday i ran it all day (already with top end issue)with many starts and stops and it never did that. Once it starts good i can start it over and over and its good until i leave sitting for a while then it does it again like if the fuel system gets un primed. Im wanting to swap out the whole fuel sending unit tonight and see if that changes anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
    Plug threads look bad but the core looks ok, are they the right gap? 0.8mm wondering if timing might have skipped? Compression test next I guess...

mine has never ever struggled to start like that certainly something wrong.... no codes?

at least you can rule out the clutch for now.

+1
    So now i have two issues,
    the original which is the lost of top end RPM and now the starting, fingers crossed they are both related to the fuel pump.
    Good news is Local Yamaha dealer have SC clutch in stock only a day a away so wont have to wait for it to come from the US if i end up having to change it. The part number for the Clutch they have in stock is for the newer engines. Iíve read thats what is recommended to use since its a better version right?

+1
    If fitting the newer clutch you need to update the gear and shaft too

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenrico View Post
    ... The part number for the Clutch they have in stock is for the newer engines.

Iíve read thats what is recommended to use since its a better version right?
    Green Hulk himself posted recently about using the newer clutch on the older supercharged engines. See if you can find his post.

IIRC there was some other part that also needed to be changed to match.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information