2006 GTX LTD Valve Cover Leaking Oil

Has anyone had issues with the valve cover leaking oil at the gasket? I have a brand new gasket and even a brand new valve cover and just had the head surface checked. I also checked the rear vent valve and i can blow air thru it fine so really not sure what could be causing it. Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skip707 View Post
    Has anyone had issues with the valve cover leaking oil at the gasket? I have a brand new gasket and even a brand new valve cover and just had the head surface checked. I also checked the rear vent valve and i can blow air thru it fine so really not sure what could be causing it. Thanks
    When you reinstalled the head, did you use Seadoo bolts or ARP studs, if studs, one may not be installed correctly and hitting the valve cover.

Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    When you reinstalled the head, did you use Seadoo bolts or ARP studs, if studs, one may not be installed correctly and hitting the valve cover.
    I have the ARP Head Bolts i bought from Chris at Eastside Powersports and I did a measurement and the ARP bolts are not hitting. I am at a loss and have no clue what to do. The head was just done by Eastside and surfaces verified good. I also installed the 2016 Ignition Coil Kit so the valve cover and gasket are also both new. I spent all winter pulling the motor and cleaning the engine and engine by up and even replaced all the entire engine bolts witb the newer stainless steel ones so don't want to have the engine covered in oil already. Thanks

+1
    Where abouts is it leaking at? ARP bolts? didn't know they had bolts, just thought it was studs and nuts.
    Can you slip a business card between gasket and head where its leaking? Did he use and oem valve cover gasket?

+1
    I used ARP head studs on an previous 04 RXP build and the valve cover needed a little material removed in one spot so the valve cover gasket would fully seat. The ARP stud and nut sits a little taller than the stock head bolts so the gasket does not fully seat.

Thread Information