2016 Yamaha VXS vibrating at full throttle.

Hello,
    I am hoping someone can help me out. Last time I took the ski out it would vibrate for like a second at full throthle from the hole and then it would run normally. If I increase speed slowly from the hole it will run at full speed without vibrating. It sounds as if the vibration is coming from the front compartment. I checked for any loose item but could not see anything.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1124 View Post
    Hello,
    I am hoping someone can help me out. Last time I took the ski out it would vibrate for like a second at full throthle from the hole and then it would run normally. If I increase speed slowly from the hole it will run at full speed without vibrating. It sounds as if the vibration is coming from the front compartment. I checked for any loose item but could not see anything.

Thanks
    I have a 15 vxs so maybe I can be of some help. That vibration is likely coming from that front hood that Latches down. I remember my ski vibrating the first 20 hours or so from that area at different rpms but then it went away. I have 140 hours now and donít hear any vibrations any more. How many hours do you have?

+1
    Hello,

Thanks
    Just guessing but I had a 2016vxr ( basically same thing) and if full throttle out of hole there was sometimes a little cavitation. That could send vibrations until it stopped. And if anything at all is loose or floating around that front compartment it is entirely possible to do that.

Thanks for the reply. I took it out yesterday and disnt notice the vibration when riding by myself. When I rode with my wife and daughter it started to vibrate a little but not as bad as before. Really strange not sure why it would do that.

+1
    Thanks for the reply. I took it out yesterday and disnt notice the vibration when riding by myself. When I rode with my wife and daughter it started to vibrate a little but not as bad as before. Really strange not sure why it would do that.
    I would inspect the prop and pump tunnel to see if anything looks weird and also check the rubber sleeve inside the hull around the impeller shaft and make sure the metal hose clamps around it are very tight. For that matter makes sure all metal hose clamps are really tight and in place in the hull.

Thread Information