+1

FX HO or HO Cruiser for use with the kids

I have read the threads on the seats, but I wanted real world opinions of those who have kids my age. My kids are 7 and 10. I want to be able to take them out on a 2019 HO or HO Cruiser, I just want to know which seat would be better. The Cruiser seat has the back and will hold them in better, but does the HO seat allow them to get closer to me to hold around my waist ? I dont care about the cleats. Thanks

+1
    Really can't answer what amounts to a personal opinion.... but there is one additional dynamic to consider: kids won't be kids for all that long. At those ages, they are right at the growth-spurt time, and a lot of changes for a typical 3 - 5 year craft ownership.
    One thing to consider.... consider the other differences between the Cruiser and non-cruiser crafts, because you can always buy and retro-fit the seat of the other (aka own both seat styles).

I have an 18' VX HO - the back seat is the most comfortable.

The middle seat is a stiff rough ride, you bounce pretty bad. For a 100 - 125lb girl, she was popping up and lifting off the seat a lot.

Girlfriend, daughter, and I tested and agree the middle seat sucks. They typically sit on the back seat and hold the handles.

No one wants the middle seat if we all 3 are riding - haha!

+1
    Thats good input into what I am looking for. Thats why I am thinking the middle seat on the cruiser might be best b/c it cradles their ass into the seat.

Thread Information