Actual Jet Ski Horsepower and Power to Weight Ratio Specs for all models in one chart

Dear Friends,

we've collected the horsepower and power to weight ratio specs for
    ALL models (Sea-Doo,Yamaha,Kawasaki and Krash) into one chart.

We've calculated power to weight ratios with curb weights and net weights as well.
    We hope you will find it useful!

+1
    That’s super cool. Although it shouldn’t be labeled as “JetSki” because that would only mean the Kawasaki PWCs.

+1
    Great chart! My only pushback is that the HP ratings are “reported” but not verified. Yamaha, for example I know is believed to be higher. But I suspect no one has the time and money to dyno all models.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue1 View Post
    That’s super cool. Although it shouldn’t be labeled as “JetSki” because that would only mean the Kawasaki PWCs.
    I agree, and I struggle with that. I mean, WE know that but the vast majority of the public don't. So whereas I'm careful about it here, I will sometimes use the generic "jet ski" when conversing with those who don't know better just to make it easy.

6. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    I agree, and I struggle with that. I mean, WE know that but the vast majority of the public don't. So whereas I'm careful about it here, I will sometimes use the generic "jet ski" when conversing with those who don't know better just to make it easy.
    Thank you very much for your feedback and your point is well understood.
    We will go here with "watercraft" or "PWC" in the future of course.

Being honest, it’s a little tricky for us as well because the term “jet ski” is really the most common term for PWCs.

In addition to PWC enthusiasts, JetDrift is also a site for the general public.
    Beginners and first-time buyers are likely to understand these machines as “jet skis,”
    even though it is, as you correctly stated, a brand name.
    In order for them to find and read our content, it’s important for us to use terms they understand.

Surprisingly, even laws regarding PWCs will often refer to them as jet skis!

There are so many terms used for PWCs that it can be a bit confusing for the casual viewer.
    Are they PWCs, personal watercraft, watercraft, Waverunners, Sea-Doos or jet skis?

Just for fun, type in the term “PWC” on one Google search tab and “jet ski” on another and click to view the images. In which tab do you find many pictures of personal watercraft?

We are quite glad you brought this up, as we are planning to release a detailed post in the near future that will clarify all these terms for beginners.
    At the moment we are focused on actual model specs, but keep an eye out for this one!

8. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdrift View Post
    Surprisingly, even laws regarding PWCs will often refer to them as jet skis!
    I'm not surprised at all since the vast majority of those making/writing laws regarding PWCs are completely ignorant (about PWCs).

10. +1 by:

+1
    All great points. I’ve often wondered if you broke a law on a SeaDoo and the law said you weren’t allowed in said area with a “JetSki” if that would hold up in court.

I get why it’s kinda a petty point I make though, however one would never call a Harley a Honda(try at the next local swap meet to see what happens). And you guys being a professional site may help the general public with the proper naming. Either way, it’s still a great chart you made so keep up the good work.

Thread Information