Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    Thanks @K447 and @nmpeter for the kind words regarding EMM repairs at Lakeside Tech, I do strive for 1000% customer satisfaction, and the materials I use for EMM repairs are the same as what was used by the factory (ask the "other guys" if they can say the same...). @Joe Michael feel free to contact me (email or phone) for assistance.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    LOL>.kind words are that you can tell a good joke and your wife isn't "that bad looking"

fact of the matter is you demonstrated the kind of expertise that gets my endorsement!

and you know that over the years here, that ain't easy to come by!

3. +1 by:

+1
    Thank you, I will be sending my computer to lakeside. When his whole fiasco began both machines were just out of warranty. Yes that was a long time ago. The repair information was not as available as it is today. I have been a mechanic most of my life. In the automotive world an ecm failure is rare. With that in mind I followed the ABCs had it been an automobile. At that time I tested all the components based on available information. The stator tested exactly per specs. Beating my head against the wall I was still suspicious of the stator so I installed a new one. Dumb of me. It tested the same as the old one and of course the same results. I was ready to set the machine on fire. Now years later with it being common knowledge that the emm is often the culprit I think I'll be sending it to Lakeside. My previous attempts $$$ at having the emms repaired were way wrong too. Live and learn I guess.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Nobody ever said Polaris school was cheap

Luckily for me none of the local hacks ever figured that out so I was able to provide service and make a profit at it

Just recently diagnostic tools for them became available to small shops and consumers

You should look at he candoo system to see if it might play into your pwc toolbox

+1
    While your EMMs are away, we'd strongly recommend you reinforce the fuel pressure regulator (FPR). They are notorious for falling off, inside the fuel tank. When this happens, fuel pressure drops to near zero, but still enough there will the PWC will run. The low pressure results in a lean mixture, which as you know, burns holes through pistons. This is not optional, but mandatory.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77110
    Last edited by martincom; 05-16-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    While your EMMs are away, we'd strongly recommend you reinforce the fuel pressure regulator (FPR). They are notorious for falling off, inside the fuel tank. When this happens, fuel pressure drops to near zero, but still enough there will the PWC will run. The low pressure results in a lean mixture, which as you know, burns holes through pistons. This is not optional. but mandatory.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77110
    Agree with this.

And on Genesis it is fairly easy to remove the Ficht fuel pump. Just pay attention to the fuel sender float arm position as you lift the pump body

downunder123
    +1
    ..and those fragile plastic nipples on the top of the pump for fuel lines..

9. +1 by:

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bspanovic View Post
    ..and those fragile plastic nipples on the top of the pump for fuel lines..
    Yes, those are easily damaged if one is not being careful.

+1
    Thanks! Believe in or not I have already addressed that issue. All I can say is WOW!! about this great group of people so willing to help out by sharing thier knowledge and experiences. I have dropped in here many times over the years but only just recently signed up as a member. I'm glad that I did. Thank you to everyone for taking the time to help me out.

12. +1 by:

+1
    as someone who has seen pictures of one of the skis in question I can say without a doubt that they are 10000% worth fixing and enjoying for a fraction of the price of a new machine. i wish i had the money to buy one because i certainly would be on my way to his house now if so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information