Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemore10 View Post
    I have installed a ribbon delete on my 2019 VXR. No cutting or drilling required. You have to remove the 4 bolts on the throttle body and another 4 bolts on the intake spacer then use a flat head screw driver to pop out the ribbon. It fits perfectly but just be sure its installed the correct way with the rubber seal around the Riva part. No issues so far as I have put roughly 6 hours on ski with the Ribbon delete installed.

I am interested in the Riva Power filter mod so if anyone has this installed could give more information/results on it , that would be greatly appreciated.
    I have the Riva power filter and as stated it cleans up the engine bay and it sounds pretty good. I did the ribbon delete, power filter and Jim’s plate at the same time so cannot say that the filter alone brought any performance gains. My filter sits right on the throttle body, for the 1,8 NA there is no tube as far as I know.

I had issues with the filter unscrewing itself from the velocity stack (the white plastic part) it is mounted to, found the filter at the bottom of the ski after riding a few times, i.e. I had been riding with the throttle body intake titally unprotected, so happy I didn’t get water into the engine. I put one or two small dots of sealant on the threads and have had zero issues since (1,5 season) with the filter. Did not see any performance gain riding without the filter ��

2016 VXR.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Elchenland View Post
    I have the Riva power filter and as stated it cleans up the engine bay and it sounds pretty good. I did the ribbon delete, power filter and Jimís plate at the same time so cannot say that the filter alone brought any performance gains. My filter sits right on the throttle body, for the 1,8 NA there is no tube as far as I know.

I had issues with the filter unscrewing itself from the velocity stack (the white plastic part) it is mounted to, found the filter at the bottom of the ski after riding a few times, i.e. I had been riding with the throttle body intake titally unprotected, so happy I didnít get water into the engine. I put one or two small dots of sealant on the threads and have had zero issues since (1,5 season) with the filter. Did not see any performance gain riding without the filter ��

2016 VXR.
    Funny. Same for me, 2016 vxr. Found the filter in the hull a couple times. Going to put pipe thread tape on it this year.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sheldon2es View Post
    Funny. Same for me, 2016 vxr. Found the filter in the hull a couple times. Going to put pipe thread tape on it this year.
    For me the whole velocity stack will work its way loose with the filter. I may try a drop of sealant on the outside of the velocity stack to the throttle body

+1
    Ok this is what i did too my 2017 VXR i bought new , removed the ribbon rubber seal and did not put anything in its place , removed the entire air box , added this directly to the throttle body https://rivaracing.com/i-17283403-ri...ilter-kit.html , did the T.J. exhaust mod , did have straight exhaust but the drone drove me crazy so i did the T.J. mod and it made no change what so ever on the GPS. Added the Riva ride plate to replace my Jims cut plate, i had porpoising real bad over 62 mph and that fixed that plus made a huge difference in the handling. with my can do pro gps im hitting 65 with full tank , 67 half tank , 68 quarter tank. hope this helps Also in my front compartment i carry an anchor, dock lines , a 50 ft. tow rope and a backpack that contains a marine radio, dive mask, spare googles, medical kit, and a stainless .45 and 2 spare mags. all in the front compartment which is a good bit of extra weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingram View Post
    Ok this is what i did too my 2017 VXR i bought new , removed the ribbon rubber seal and did not put anything in its place , removed the entire air box , added this directly to the throttle body https://rivaracing.com/i-17283403-ri...ilter-kit.html , did the T.J. exhaust mod , did have straight exhaust but the drone drove me crazy so i did the T.J. mod and it made no change what so ever on the GPS. Added the Riva ride plate to replace my Jims cut plate, i had porpoising real bad over 62 mph and that fixed that plus made a huge difference in the handling. with my can do pro gps im hitting 65 with full tank , 67 half tank , 68 quarter tank. hope this helps Also in my front compartment i carry an anchor, dock lines , a 50 ft. tow rope and a backpack that contains a marine radio, dive mask, spare googles, medical kit, and a stainless .45 and 2 spare mags. all in the front compartment which is a good bit of extra weight.
    Confirming: stock intake grate, impeller and ECU?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information