Dealer Damaged 2019 Seadoo RXT-X 300

Good afternoon everyone,

I just purchased a new 2019 RXT-X 300 last week and I have some concern as to damage under the rub rail. The unit was fresh out of the crate and I inspected it thoroughly top and bottom before signing any papers. The dealer picked it up from their trailer with a forklift/sling and transferred it to my trailer. The ski did sway side to side while the forklift was moving. I didn't inspect it after they loaded it but I guess I should have. Perhaps their loading method could have caused the damage?

Upon cleaning the ski, I noticed chunks missing from the outer hull lip that is behind the rub rail. The dealer or BRP hasn't been helpful at all. I need yall's opinion on what I should do. Can these gouges be filled with bondo resin or some kind of marine silicone/sealant? I know the new CM-Tec hulls are different than traditional gelcoat. The ski has ZERO hours on it and the damage was not there prior to the dealer loading it. I just don't want the cracks to spread or cause issues. Is this damage anything to worry about? Should I fight for a new ski? Any help and opinions is greatly appreciated. I have attached pictures for reference.

Thanks!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1777.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	448312   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1775.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	448313   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1774.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	448314   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1772.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	448315   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1770.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	448316   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1764.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	448317  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1763.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	448318   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1760.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	448319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1757.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	448320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1769.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	448321  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisianadude2019 View Post
    Good afternoon everyone,

I just purchased a new 2019 RXT-X 300 last week and I have some concern as to damage under the rub rail. The unit was fresh out of the crate and I inspected it thoroughly top and bottom before signing any papers. The dealer picked it up from their trailer with a forklift/sling and transferred it to my trailer. The ski did sway side to side while the forklift was moving. I didn't inspect it after they loaded it but I guess I should have. Perhaps their loading method could have caused the damage?

Upon cleaning the ski, I noticed chunks missing from the outer hull lip that is behind the rub rail. The dealer or BRP hasn't been helpful at all. I need yall's opinion on what I should do. Can these gouges be filled with bondo resin or some kind of marine silicone/sealant? I know the new CM-Tec hulls are different than traditional gelcoat. The ski has ZERO hours on it and the damage was not there prior to the dealer loading it. I just don't want the cracks to spread or cause issues. Is this damage anything to worry about? Should I fight for a new ski? Any help and opinions is greatly appreciated. I have attached pictures for reference.

Thanks!!
    Looks like it got damaged by the sling. I'd go back to the dealer and take a look at that sling where it grabs the hull. The current slings aren't really ideal for lifting the newer skis. I lift mine by a riva sling all the time but I built up the hooks with a bunch of gorilla tape. You aren't getting a new ski that's for sure. I'd go back and get minimum $500 dollars in accessories. I'd tape off around it and fill it with RIGHT STUFF.

+1
    Take it back & ask them to fix it.

My new ski was also damaged by the sling, but in a more visible spot. I had them repair it before pickup.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by water worx View Post
    Take it back & ask them to fix it.
    I don't know if I'd trust someone to fix it that couldn't even put it on the trailer correctly. There really isn't a great fix for that spot...best to seal it up IMO and forgot about it. Least you can't see it.

+1
    Take it back and leave it on there door step and demand a new ski. that is unacceptable.

Lol now if im being serous, why do you care? its a tiny chip. it wont get bigger, and its not visible. i would try to get the dealer to at least give you some kind of accessory for free. and ask them to fill it with epoxy. just to keep it from further chipping when water eats away at it over time. but if you don't get a free accessory. then at least have them epoxy it. but i would not hold your breath for a new one. this is minor and i would not worry about this one bit. if it was me i would not even complain. i would just fix it my self. you will have bigger dings before you know it.

+1
    I have an overhead hoist in my shop and have lifted my skis several times over the years, but I am very nervous about lifting my 18 RXP. I need to do it to make a repair to my trailer, but hesitant. The CM Tec top deck has a much thicker lip under the bond/rub rail that really effects how the hook of the sling sits under the top deck. My dealer actually uses two long extensions on a fork lift to move new skis. Mine has never been lifted with a sling. My current lifting harness is designed for nothing bigger than an XP. I need a new sling, but have not found a great one yet.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    I have an overhead hoist in my shop and have lifted my skis several times over the years, but I am very nervous about lifting my 18 RXP. I need to do it to make a repair to my trailer, but hesitant. The CM Tec top deck has a much thicker lip under the bond/rub rail that really effects how the hook of the sling sits under the top deck. My dealer actually uses two long extensions on a fork lift to move new skis. Mine has never been lifted with a sling. My current lifting harness is designed for nothing bigger than an XP. I need a new sling, but have not found a great one yet.
    Lift my 18tx and 19px all the time with the riva sling. I built up the part that touches the ski with a bit of gorilla tape and haven't had any issues.

+1
    That looks like it is excess adhesive wher they glue the top deck to the hull.

Thread Information