? will 15 fx svho start if rie goes out...

(ride) my buddy's ski took a crap this spring, 1st time out it ran good he shut it off and went to restart and it started and shut off and haven't started since. he been chasing the problem and short of taking the motor out to check if it broke a key on the flywheel he took it to a dealer and had them hook it up and scar for any problems. they said the ride is out and thats the reason it wont start. is that correct? it turns over but no fire...any input.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    ‘RiDE is out’ is not enough information.

What exactly is the problem being caused by?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    ‘RiDE is out’ is not enough information.

What exactly is the problem being caused by?
    ski wont start, turns over, wont start, no fuel, no spark done check every thing that he could think of but the crank sensor and fly wheel key to see if timing slip, which u need to take the motor our to check. so he took it to a dealer to see if it could be something else and they said the ride motor is out, dead, not working...they said this will keep the engine from starting as part of a safety mode...he ask if I could post this to see if anyone ever heard of this...

+1
    There is a single large white connector (left side of mid-wall, just below the ECU) that connects the RiDE motor cable to the wire harness. If that big white connector is unplugged does the engine now start?

Obviously the RiDE system would not be operational with the wire harness disconnected from the RiDE motor. And there would probably be an error warning on the dash for RiDE. But I would expect the engine would start and run.

he's going to take the ride motor out of his fx and plug it up to his gp tomorrow to see if the gp will start with it. I really don't know since this is my 1st yama...just going off what a dealer said after they hooked it up to their computer. to me is sounds like the crank key is sheared letting the timing slip. but just checking for him to see if it could be anything else before the motor is pulled.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    he's going to take the ride motor out of his fx and plug it up to his gp ...
    First unplug the RiDE connector, see if the engine starts. Only takes a minute to do the test.

First unplug the RiDE connector, see if the engine starts. Only takes a minute to do the test.
    ok...

unplug ride and engine still didn't start...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    unplug ride and engine still didn't start...
    That makes me suspect that installing another (known good) RiDE motor will not fix the problem.

Not sure what what else to suggest.

That makes me suspect that installing another (known good) RiDE motor will not fix the problem.

Not sure what what else to suggest.
    agree

Thread Information