Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1

    florida heat slowing ski down

    what are you guys running now top speed compared to 2 months ago. march 77 during the day

    today all i can muster is 73 @ 7980 ish

    2019 rxt x
    intake
    exhaust
    scom


  2. #2
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    9,570
    +1
    1,743
    What were the weather conditions and RPM were you went 77. I will assume you are getting your speed from the dash.
    What were the weather conditions today?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    What were the weather conditions and RPM were you went 77. I will assume you are getting your speed from the dash.
    What were the weather conditions today?
    it was in march and i looked back using accuweather the day wsa 78 degrees high

    today was 90 degrees.

    also day ago the ski did do 78 in a lake low fuel in the late evening. so it must be the heat.

  4. #4
    Obviously you need to move north. All the Sea Doos in NY are 4 or 5 mph faster! I hit 53 on my 3UP Spark, 58 degree day.

  5. #5
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    9,570
    +1
    1,743
    Sounds like too much speed loss just due to heat

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,966
    +1
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by holeshot1 View Post
    what are you guys running now top speed compared to 2 months ago. march 77 during the day

    today all i can muster is 73 @ 7980 ish

    2019 rxt x
    intake
    exhaust
    scom
    SCOM is maxed out at like 8040ish no way 60RPM equals 4mph speed loss. Could be fuel load, current? 10 gallons of gas is 60lbs or about 2 mph difference less fuel more speed difference, trim settings?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    SCOM is maxed out at like 8040ish no way 60RPM equals 4mph speed loss. Could be fuel load, current? 10 gallons of gas is 60lbs or about 2 mph difference less fuel more speed difference, trim settings?
    dino the 73 run was at high noon 3/4 fuel (one bar down from full) it was a channel but i did go both ways no speed difference. trim was all the way up.

    i guess it is what it is for now. until i FLASH the ecu and up the rev limit.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,966
    +1
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by holeshot1 View Post
    dino the 73 run was at high noon 3/4 fuel (one bar down from full) it was a channel but i did go both ways no speed difference. trim was all the way up.

    i guess it is what it is for now. until i FLASH the ecu and up the rev limit.
    Is that dash speed?

    if your below 8040rpm, a flash is going to do anything for you. If you can get more air in the hull that always helps. Get out the old 3 inch hole saw and go to town.

  9. #9
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    9,083
    +1
    2,584
    Your ski (all skis) suffer a 5% +/- loss of horsepower between spring/summer. Factors are: Air temp, altitude, air pressure, humidity. Other factors (that you control) are fuel weight/rider weight, and maintenance items. A quick check using an engine power calculator showed your ski making 101 percent power in cool dry air vs 96% engine power in warmer/moist air. This is why your ski lost rpm, and it would have lost more rpm without a scom. The same will be true with a reflashed ECU.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Your ski (all skis) suffer a 5% +/- loss of horsepower between spring/summer. Factors are: Air temp, altitude, air pressure, humidity. Other factors (that you control) are fuel weight/rider weight, and maintenance items. A quick check using an engine power calculator showed your ski making 101 percent power in cool dry air vs 96% engine power in warmer/moist air. This is why your ski lost rpm, and it would have lost more rpm without a scom. The same will be true with a reflashed ECU.
    great info ! thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Oil light and going into limp mode when slowing ski down.
    By Thomas carrigan in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2019, 10:18 AM
  2. Best Intercooler for Florida heat?
    By ba6636 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-09-2018, 04:18 PM
  3. Man my ski drops speed and rpm in the heat.
    By turbojamie in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-16-2013, 12:27 PM
  4. Slowing down in the heat
    By Beagleman62 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 05:24 PM
  5. Heat Fade? & SKi coming unhooked..
    By Snoman in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 07:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •