Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

florida heat slowing ski down

what are you guys running now top speed compared to 2 months ago. march 77 during the day

today all i can muster is 73 @ 7980 ish

2019 rxt x
    intake
    exhaust
    scom

+1
    What were the weather conditions and RPM were you went 77. I will assume you are getting your speed from the dash.
    What were the weather conditions today?

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    What were the weather conditions and RPM were you went 77. I will assume you are getting your speed from the dash.
    What were the weather conditions today?
    it was in march and i looked back using accuweather the day wsa 78 degrees high

today was 90 degrees.

also day ago the ski did do 78 in a lake low fuel in the late evening. so it must be the heat.

Obviously you need to move north. All the Sea Doos in NY are 4 or 5 mph faster! I hit 53 on my 3UP Spark, 58 degree day.

+1
    Sounds like too much speed loss just due to heat

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by holeshot1 View Post
    what are you guys running now top speed compared to 2 months ago. march 77 during the day

today all i can muster is 73 @ 7980 ish

2019 rxt x
    intake
    exhaust
    scom
    SCOM is maxed out at like 8040ish no way 60RPM equals 4mph speed loss. Could be fuel load, current? 10 gallons of gas is 60lbs or about 2 mph difference less fuel more speed difference, trim settings?

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    SCOM is maxed out at like 8040ish no way 60RPM equals 4mph speed loss. Could be fuel load, current? 10 gallons of gas is 60lbs or about 2 mph difference less fuel more speed difference, trim settings?
    dino the 73 run was at high noon 3/4 fuel (one bar down from full) it was a channel but i did go both ways no speed difference. trim was all the way up.

i guess it is what it is for now. until i FLASH the ecu and up the rev limit.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by holeshot1 View Post
    dino the 73 run was at high noon 3/4 fuel (one bar down from full) it was a channel but i did go both ways no speed difference. trim was all the way up.

i guess it is what it is for now. until i FLASH the ecu and up the rev limit.
    Is that dash speed?

if your below 8040rpm, a flash is going to do anything for you. If you can get more air in the hull that always helps. Get out the old 3 inch hole saw and go to town.

+1
    Your ski (all skis) suffer a 5% +/- loss of horsepower between spring/summer. Factors are: Air temp, altitude, air pressure, humidity. Other factors (that you control) are fuel weight/rider weight, and maintenance items. A quick check using an engine power calculator showed your ski making 101 percent power in cool dry air vs 96% engine power in warmer/moist air. This is why your ski lost rpm, and it would have lost more rpm without a scom. The same will be true with a reflashed ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Your ski (all skis) suffer a 5% +/- loss of horsepower between spring/summer. Factors are: Air temp, altitude, air pressure, humidity. Other factors (that you control) are fuel weight/rider weight, and maintenance items. A quick check using an engine power calculator showed your ski making 101 percent power in cool dry air vs 96% engine power in warmer/moist air. This is why your ski lost rpm, and it would have lost more rpm without a scom. The same will be true with a reflashed ECU.
    great info ! thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information