Charger front housing, Maptuner questions.

Could a old SHO front housing be machined to fit a SVHO wheel?? I think I have my old one from a shaft failure kicking around...

Just loaded my maptuner stage 3 tune and confused about max rpm. Water conditions didn't allow for a good full pull, but while unhooking in the chop my PET tach registered a peak of 8400. Stage 3 tune is supposed to 8800 rpm, is this a soft or hard limit?? Need to know before playing with impeller...

Thanks

you'll haft to add more hp (bigger s/c)...re pitch ur prop or both to turn more r's

I get that I will need to get drop pitch or add boost or both. I just expected that when the ski unhooked it would log a higher peak RPM than before.

+1
    Don’t know about your tune limiter, boost or your setup details but what I do know is that I can put a 20,000 rpm limit tune on my ski and it will still turn my current rpm on my current setup. Also if you have a true 8800 tune your rpm granted you have the right power and prop setup should bang that limiter or damn near...I know mine hits 9500rpm on my 9500rpm Dean tune.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug78 View Post
    Could a old SHO front housing be machined to fit a SVHO wheel?? I think I have my old one from a shaft failure kicking around...

Just loaded my maptuner stage 3 tune and confused about max rpm. Water conditions didn't allow for a good full pull, but while unhooking in the chop my PET tach registered a peak of 8400. Stage 3 tune is supposed to 8800 rpm, is this a soft or hard limit?? Need to know before playing with impeller...

Thanks
    What pitch prop you using? Iím running stage 2 with 13-18 and Iím around 8650 give or take. Stage 3 you should be close to 8900-9100 depending on your prop. Raise your limit to 9200

+1
    If you werenít full throttle you canít really test the limiter
    Most times you would still hit the limiter with almost full throttle and an unhook
    But it would depend what revs you were doing before unhook

Guess I'm pulling pitch or adding boost. Easy stuff!

Thread Information