Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo Builder

+1

Turbo Builder

Does anyone in the FL area have any comments on this shop? I'm looking for a turbo builder that I can trust with my ski.

https://www.facebook.com/boostingperformance/
    Last edited by outnumbered; 05-10-2019 at 04:49 AM.

Boostingperformance are really helpful guys and you can trust them with your ski

3. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
    Does anyone in the FL area have any comments on this shop? I'm looking for a turbo builder that I can trust with my ski.

https://www.facebook.com/boostingperformance/
    are u going to turbo that good running fx or do you have another ski, like a gp...(I hope)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    are u going to turbo that good running fx or do you have another ski...(I hope)
    Nope, it will be this one. I will likely ride through the summer, and then look to make arrangements to send it to FL, since that is where most of the turbo guys are.

i would go with a 20 lb s/c wheel and deans s/c clutch before the turbo...you already have a lot f time an money in ths skiand its fast...all i know about turbo's is they cost a lot and they are fast but how much faster than a 20 lb wheel set up? but any way good luck on the project if you go for it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    i would go with a 20 lb s/c wheel and deans s/c clutch before the turbo...you already have a lot f time an money in ths skiand its fast...all i know about turbo's is they cost a lot and they are fast but how much faster than a 20 lb wheel set up? but any way good luck on the project if you go for it.
    I think a completely installed turbo kit is going to be in the $4k-$6k range. Dean's clutch is about a 1/3 of that cost, not to mention another $700 for the new wheel. So for another $2500 or so, I could have a very reliable, 95+mph ski. Plus, I could recoup some of that cost by selling some of the parts off my ski that I would no longer need. I would just love to not have to deal with a clutch anymore. Even though Dean's is supposed to be far superior to the stocker, at some point in time it is going to wear.

8. +1 by:

+1
    You should prepare for 10k plus by the time you are done

+1
    Hmm....Boosting performance out of FL gave me that price based on the mods I already have. They gave me a range just to accommodate the type of turbo I might want.

Of course I could see going that high if I were to replace rods and pistons.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
    Hmm....Boosting performance out of FL gave me that price based on the mods I already have. They gave me a range just to accommodate the type of turbo I might want.

Of course I could see going that high if I were to replace rods and pistons.
    I agree with boosting price. Is there depending on the set up you want to go and how far you want to go. I am located in houston, texas and can also get it done. Good luck.

12. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_Fast_SHO View Post
    I agree with boosting price. Is there depending on the set up you want to go and how far you want to go. I am located in houston, texas and can also get it done. Good luck.
    What tuning do you use?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information