Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo Builder

+1
    The Odyssey kit looks pretty sweet.

+1
    Is there a link to the Odyssey kit? I am considering changing my big bore ski to turbo.

Seems like the GRF and Odyssey are the top choices.

Any others?

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by rcrisafulli View Post
    Is there a link to the Odyssey kit? I am considering changing my big bore ski to turbo.

Seems like the GRF and Odyssey are the top choices.

Any others?

Robert
    To get a hold of oddyssey its best to DM him on IG or email him at Tyler@OdysseyFAB.com

https://www.instagram.com/fidel_cashflo/

Anyone who's capable of doing a water jacketed up pipe with a t4 flange or whatever turbo flange you are using and a water jacketed downpipe to where ever your exhaust exits is capable of making a turbo setup for these skis, its that simple. I personally have never seen the GRF kit in person, all the kits ive seen have been one off ones done by non jetski welders, just guys who do tubular manifolds for cars.

Most guys get rid of the divider wall where your ECU mounts and relocate ECU & fuse box etc to the side of the hull where like the battery mounts by way of rivets.

Here are some examples of how simple it is to turbo one of these things.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uppipe.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	448402   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uppipe3.jpg 
Size:	173.8 KB 
ID:	448403   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uppipe4.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	448404   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uppipe2.jpg 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	448405  

+1
    You can not compare those pipes to Evans kits. So much junk made down in Florida itís sad.

Quote Originally Posted by tomespo View Post
    You can not compare those pipes to Evans kits. So much junk made down in Florida itís sad.
    Results are what counts, who care what it looks like. Ive never seen anybody pulling seats off like cars at a car show

Quote Originally Posted by tomespo View Post
    You can not compare those pipes to Evans kits. So much junk made down in Florida it’s sad.
    They're def not pretty. This is just to show people for reference. This is the kit off a GP1800 that goes 112mph on a flash. Im sure whatever your kit looks like is far faster and nicer LOL. But there are plenty of competent people that can build you a masterpiece if your pockets are deep enough that are based out of FL like oddysey fab and Gato, kit below is a Gato setup.

+1
    There are some incredible turbo builders here in FL. Probably some of the best. Why would you even compare a fun, budget EBay build to a real custom fab’d up hardcore kit. Those pics were clearly posted to show what can be done easily on a budget. Don’t label all FL turbo builders as junk just because someone from FL posts a cool budget build. Also most of the “junk” turbo builds here in FL will probably whip some of the non-FL fancy ones..

8. +1 by:

+1
    What size compressor wheel are most pump gas applications running? It also looks like water cooled turbos are not necessary? I would fab my own setup we build turbo and exhaust systems for drag radial cars.

I have seen some pics of rear, mid and front mounted setups. I actually like the mid mount if the space is available.

Robert

+1
    The grf turbo kit is a pretty straight forward install all the other turbo kits people who make you have to remove the whole midwall and relocate the intercooler ecu etc all depends and what you want from you ski but not everyone wants to break WORLD records, I would definitely buy the grf kit that's available in the greenhulk store

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gtile04 View Post
    The grf turbo kit is a pretty straight forward install all the other turbo kits people who make you have to remove the whole midwall and relocate the intercooler ecu etc all depends and what you want from you ski but not everyone wants to break WORLD records, I would definitely buy the grf kit that's available in the greenhulk store
    This is a great point. I have to assume part of the cost of the GRF kit is to cover the design that allows a simpler install for the buyer. I would be looking for a system that provides better than average speed with a certain amount of reliability. A lot of the video's that are online show guys going wide open for about 5 seconds. That is definitely not how I ride. Nonetheless, options are good.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information