Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paint bubbles

+1

Paint bubbles

The paint is bubbling in the foot-well where it meets the wall. Thought I heard somewhere that Yamaha would pay to fix the problem. Is this true?

+1
    I have the same issue in one of my wells. Pretty small right now but still messed up that it happened so fast. Paint or prep work was just cheaply done to be honest. I keep mine inside in winters and off seasons and on a lift covered up when in season. On top of that I sponge out the wells before I put it away. Got a new cover and scotch guarded but I guess we shall see. Going to have to repaint eventually. I would call Yamaha but I wouldn't want to take it to a dealer just so they could sublet it out and risk screwing something else up. I would rather take it right to the paint place myself.

This is also coming from a guy who already coated the bottom of the ski because yes the bottompaint sux ass.

+1
    Sorry for double post but what I'm saying is I would sooner call Yamaha. Get someone higher up than the first person you talk to on the phone. See if it's worth pursuing and what their process is. Or take it to a Marina that does paint and just get a good top deck paint job done or have them feather the paint work in on both footwells and get new mating.

If you have a nice dealer you could try them but I don't like any of the dealers close by me here in MD. Pete's cycle

+1
    Mine is doing the same.. are you guys all blue? mine is 2018 yamaha race team blue..
    I'm just killing time until the whole ski gets beat up, and i will repaint and lay some serious clear on it then. The factory paint is garbage.

my 16 fx has it in the foot rails. I been told its form water that has laid there. I bought the ski used but it only had 23 hrs on it

+1
    My GP did the same thing. I now added the foot well drains but the paint damage is already there. My SHO never did it but my VX same year as SHO did it as well. All three now have the foot well drains in them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper9789 View Post
    Mine is doing the same.. are you guys all blue? mine is 2018 yamaha race team blue..
    I'm just killing time until the whole ski gets beat up, and i will repaint and lay some serious clear on it then. The factory paint is garbage.
    Mine is blue. Some good clear should definitley help. Maybe that and curing it at a higher temp or something. I am not a paint guy at all.

Also dumb question....How are you guys adding footwell drains exactly. All these mods and I haven't thought to do it. Definitely going on the list now.

Guess you are drilling through to the inside of the skil and installing a hose or check valve? Just wondering where the water is directing? To the bilge area?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMD13 View Post
    ... adding footwell drains ...
    Do not drain the footwells into the hull interior/bilge. You do not want rain water or splash water collecting inside the hull.

This is how Yamaha did footwell drains on the new 2019 FX model.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2988017

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2984328

+1
    i bought the fittings and check valves for the 2019. I sent the water to the transom plate fitting not being used anymore for the bilge siphon in the transom plate. It drains out over the ride plate

I'll try and get pics this weekend if not raining

+1
    Thanks guys. That transom plate idea def sounds like the way to go too.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information