Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Check engine light

Hey guys Iím happy to report that after a long winter in storage she fires right up! however the check engine light is on and I assume this is just an oil change notification because nothing has ever been wrong with the ski and I planned on changing the oil and filter soon. Will this light go off once I do that

+1
    I doubt your getting a check engine light from that...unless there's no oil in it LOL

I thinks you've got another problem

3. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by bwmcbr View Post
    I doubt your getting a check engine light from that...unless there's no oil in it LOL

I thinks you've got another problem
    I just assumed thatís what it was from as I put it up with no issues

I havenít had a chance to change spark plugs yet, theyíre a season old. I plan on doing that this week that could very well be it

your not going to get a check engine light for old plugs. For a faulty coil yes, old or bad plug no.

7. +1 by:

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rxpx260rider View Post
    Hey guys I’m happy to report that after a long winter in storage she fires right up! however the check engine light is on and I assume this is just an oil change notification because nothing has ever been wrong with the ski and I planned on changing the oil and filter soon. Will this light go off once I do that

and how many hours exactly are showing on the clock? When was the ski last in the hads of a dealer or other shop? There is a maintenance "countdown" timer. You getting any scrolling message on the console LED? You can no longer count on the time hitting at set hours

the light will need to be reset, just changing the oil won't do that. or anything else short of hooking up a code reader. Unless mice have chewed thru some wiring. In that case repairing the wiring should shut the light off.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Check engine light and maintenance reminder are very different.

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    and how many hours exactly are showing on the clock? When was the ski last in the hads of a dealer or other shop? There is a maintenance "countdown" timer. You getting any scrolling message on the console LED? You can no longer count on the time hitting at set hours

the light will need to be reset, just changing the oil won't do that. or anything else short of hooking up a code reader. Unless mice have chewed thru some wiring. In that case repairing the wiring should shut the light off.
    57 hours on the clock. Bought it last season with probably 20 hours. Hasnít been to a dealer in my ownership, no scrolling message.

Okay everyone Iíve resolved my issue so if anyone has this same problem. If the battery is low charge when connected this will cause engine light to come on, a few hours on the charger did the trick

You did disconnect the battery or take it out ( the best way) before charging it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information