Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

+1

2019 FX SVHO cruiser Fuel gauge issue is this a normal help Need some answers

Brand new 2019 FX SVHO cruiser, only one hour on the machines.
    Within the first hour twice the low fuel indicator on the gauge went off when the machine had 3/4 of a tank. After about a minute later you can see the bars going back up to 3/4 of a tank and the sound and the indicator went off. I have been reading that this normal ?
    If it is thatís totally unacceptable. Has anybody correct this problem ?and is there a fix for this problem? before I bring it to the dealer. I spoke to two dealers riva racing, And another and both said they havenít heard of this issue. But itís been wrote about on green hulk a few times by other people. Can anyone shed some light on this that makes logical sense. More importantly hopefully thereís a fix .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nb707 View Post
    Within the first hour twice the low fuel indicator on the gauge went off when the machine had 3/4 of a tank. After about a minute later you can see the bars going back up to 3/4 of a tank and the sound and the indicator went off. I have been reading that this normal ?
    If it is thatís totally unacceptable. Has anybody correct this problem ?and is there a fix for this problem? before I bring it to the dealer. I spoke to two dealers riva racing, And another and both said they havenít heard of this issue. But itís been wrote about on green hulk a few times by other people. Can anyone shed some light on this that makes logical sense. More importantly hopefully thereís a fix .
    First thing I would do is unplug all the connections behind the storage compartment plug them back in to make sure you have good connections

+1
    Thank you for the reply i’ll check them and see if they’re loose

+1
    Not normal. With that amount of fuel in the tank, the float could not physically lever to the fully down position. I'd say electrical / flakey fuel sender. Warrantee it. Yet peak season coming, might punt fixing later rather than having it sit in a busy shop right now.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Thank you for the reply iíll check them and see if theyíre loose
    Follow the wires up from the top of the fuel tank sender. One cable is fuel pump power. The other is the gauge signal.

Unplug each connector pair and inspect the actual pins. Make sure the pins are not bent, damaged or pushed back inside the housing. Also look at the mating contacts.

If all looks good, reconnect and ensure the connector assembly is fully mated and the tiny latch 'clicks' into place.

If the 2019 FX access panel inside the front storage is mounted the same as prior models, to remove the panel you use a small tool (Philips screwdriver) to press the center of each white 'button', it should pop inwards just a few mm. That releases the pin and the whole white piece should then pull out easily.

To reset them press the center white pin back up through the white disk until it snaps out a few mm from the front face. Now they are ready to be re-used. Press the center pin flush while holding the disc and panel in position.

If it is that’s totally unacceptable. Has anybody correct this problem ?and is there a fix for this problem? before I bring it to the dealer. I spoke to two dealers riva racing, And another and both said they haven’t heard of this issue. But it’s been wrote about on green hulk a few times by other people. Can anyone shed some light on this that makes logical sense. More importantly hopefully there’s a fix .
    My 2019 never goes to 100% and shows empty with an alarm with 1/2 a tank....... No gauge is better than a gauge that is wrong.

+1
    Rode mine for the first time this weekend and I can confirm that this is an issue. I looked at the fuel used reading and I had used 10 gal only and my alarm was going off reading 0%. Not cool!!!!

+1
    I spoke to a dealer about this the other day 2 Dealer said they never heard of this
    The third said it’s a Yamaha thing and there’s no fix for it. I think I’m gonna call Yamaha and let them know what issues were having and see what the Hells going on and see if there is a fix for this thing.

In Brazil we have the same problem, most of FX shows low fuel with almost 1/2 tank.

+1
    Again, doesn't sound "normal".
    Normal is fairly proportional fuel level tracking from 18gal = completely full, down to 4gal = empty/alarming. 4 and below does not register, and is considered your virtual reserve-tank.

Can't help but wonder if there is either a batch of bad fuel-senders or a QA/testing issue on the assembly-line. Contacting a Yamaha rep is good business - they can log the complaint and track for trends.

If these are brand new ski's, warranty service is the next logical-step.
    That said, those willing to pull the fuel-pump assembly out can conduct a fairly simple resistance-check using a DVM as per service manual.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information