Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    +1
    Yup - sounded like a software/firmware glitch with the way the dash averaged fuel sender signals, to me.

+1
    Seems like we have two different issues here.
    One is a faulty gauge as OP Posted about, something I have seen on a friends 2020, second is the early fuel warning before 10%, can confirm I have had my gauge reflashed for the latter and the ski rang at 10 as it should have so I think the early fuel ringing is gone.

well i see just one Problem here which is the early fuel alert..as my understanding yamaha took care of it with the display reflash.

Took ownership of a new 2021 FX SVHO Cruiser a couple of weeks ago.
    Just about each ride since, set off with a full tank, low fuel alarm after 32L used. Verified 38L fuel remaining in tank. Kinda frustrating after putting $30k AUD into a brand new ski and on the occasion that I don’t fill before leaving or forgetting to reset the fuel usage gauge after filling, I really have no idea how much fuel I’ve got onboard. I totally get there is fluctuation with all ski fuel tanks and they seem to leave accuracy at the ramp, but it’s important to have a rough ballpark at least.

Will speak to dealer, Shoreline Yamaha tomorrow. Will update you all with what happens.

2019 FX Cruiser Fuel Gauge

Quote Originally Posted by drstaind View Post
    Just about each ride since, set off with a full tank, low fuel alarm after 32L used. Verified 38L fuel remaining in tank. Kinda frustrating after putting $30k AUD into a brand new ski and on the occasion that I donít fill before leaving or forgetting to reset the fuel usage gauge after filling, I really have no idea how much fuel Iíve got onboard. I totally get there is fluctuation with all ski fuel tanks and they seem to leave accuracy at the ramp, but itís important to have a rough ballpark at least.

Will speak to dealer, Shoreline Yamaha tomorrow. Will update you all with what happens.
    My friend on the GC has the same problem, one dealer said no problem and the other dealer said it is a known problem with the sender. Alarm came on at 20% approx. At present goes by fuel used on display.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by drstaind View Post
    Just about each ride since, set off with a full tank, low fuel alarm after 32L used. Verified 38L fuel remaining in tank. Kinda frustrating after putting $30k AUD into a brand new ski and on the occasion that I don’t fill before leaving or forgetting to reset the fuel usage gauge after filling, I really have no idea how much fuel I’ve got onboard. I totally get there is fluctuation with all ski fuel tanks and they seem to leave accuracy at the ramp, but it’s important to have a rough ballpark at least.

There is a reflash for the gauge that your dealer should have done, it brings it back to the usual 10% ring

so its still an recall ? why the factory is not doing that since they know the problem ?

+1
    I've been following this thread... don't feel drstaind has this so-called recall issue... as recalls are applied/fixed in consecutive years. Could be a one-off here. Or new issue. Just sayin'

It's not a recall its a Tech Bulletin. Dealer told me that recalls apply to every machine, the tech bulletin is just a fix for those customers that complain. Yamaha covers the cost either way but with a recall they try to get every machine to come back and be updated....maybe for things that are considered more of a safety concern?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertoyz View Post
    Dealer told me that recalls apply to every machine, the tech bulletin is just a fix for those customers that complain.
    Yup, my-bad for using the "recall" terminology - I agree to what your dealer explains being the general differences.
    So I guess my point on post 88, is that Yamaha had fixed the firmware (software code) back on August 2020 ... surely they would've insured the new firmware is on all newer models from that point-on, before leaving the QA assembly-line?? August is cutting it close - so it is possible his 2021 was using 2020 parts-bin still - who-knows.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information