Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    I contacted Yamaha Marine Customer Support today and spoke to Chris. He told me that there IS a fix for the low fuel alarm but he went a step further and said that the fix was a full screen replacement. He told me to contact the dealership and have them work with the dealership support team to get a new one. He told me that the screen would need to be ordered before we would know the date it's coming in. He said the fix was available now but it could take up to 2 months to get the screen in and get it replaced because of supply delays with Covid. He also told me to work with the dealership to see if I could continue to use the machine while waiting since some of them may want to physically have the machine in their shop while waiting. Luckily my local dealership isn't like that because I don't want to be without it for the rest of the summer.
    Last edited by BrianInRI; 06-22-2020 at 01:42 PM.

Hello all. BrianInRI that is good news. I have just emailed my dealer to see what was going on and waiting for a response. Has anyone had this fixed yet and could give feed back of how it works??

Quote Originally Posted by Rufustoad View Post
    Hello all. BrianInRI that is good news. I have just emailed my dealer to see what was going on and waiting for a response. Has anyone had this fixed yet and could give feed back of how it works??

I had the touch screen replaced in my machine. It made a big improvement but isn't perfect. I saw this posted online today and I may have them check that also since I have to bring it back for an intermittent no wake zone button trouble since the repair.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	118040566_10220261231134754_3895154563923938460_o.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	466005  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianInRI View Post

I had the touch screen replaced in my machine. It made a big improvement but isn't perfect. I saw this posted online today and I may have them check that also since I have to bring it back for an intermittent no wake zone button trouble since the repair.

If I'm reading that bulletin correctly ... it appears this is just a simple software fix (aka reprogramming). Yet what I truly find enlightening here, is the stated cause : "responds too quickly to signal changes" <-- I read that as, the computer is supposed to "buffer-out" momentary low fuel resistance values coming from the analog sender, aka like when fuel sloshes to one side, causes the float arm to dip down into the 10% threshold for just a moment, which I easily can see occurring quite often on a half-tank's or less worth - especial during a decent hole-shot maneuver and rough water conditions. So this also means there's nothing wrong with the float's arm angle or resistance values. That said, for those of you whom messed with the float arm already, might want to bend it back before getting this bulletin done.

Has anybody had this done yet? Did they replace the screen or simply reprogram it? Would love to know if it's worth the hassle of having it done.

I've used the Ski a bunch this year (52 hrs so far) and just can't trust the fuel gauge. From a full tank my low fuel alarm starts going off with only 10 gallons used. Assuming the tank is 18 gallons as advertised that seems excessive to me. Not wanting the hassle of testing it by running till empty this essentially leaves me with a 10 gallon fuel tank. One workaround I've been using lately is that the tank can hold a lot more fuel after the gauge reads 100%. I've been adding another 2.5 gallons after the gauge reads full and could probably add even more. I wouldn't store it like this as it probably doesn't leave much room for expansion but I'm not concerned if I'm headed right to the water to ride. This gives me a good 20 minutes of riding before the gauge starts dropping much. For example we rode about 50 miles the other night, pretty much a straight line down and back. When we turned around at the 1/2 way point the gauge read 73%, when we got back to the access it was around 20% with the alarm going off and the display saying 10 gallons used.

Well I did have mine reflashed but unfortunately the weather has turned and I am not able to test it. I was concerned that after they did flash the ski the gauges only showed about 1/4 tank and I am positive it should have been at least 1/2. I really wish I would have tested it but will try again next year.
    Has anyone had any luck with this being done??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufustoad View Post
    Well I did have mine reflashed but unfortunately the weather has turned and I am not able to test it. I was concerned that after they did flash the ski the gauges only showed about 1/4 tank and I am positive it should have been at least 1/2. I really wish I would have tested it but will try again next year.
    Has anyone had any luck with this being done??
    I had my 2019 FXSVHO re-flashed last week and went on a short ride today. I started with a full tank, using the slow fill method to make sure the tank was actually full. The fuel gauge was reading 100% at startup.

According to the computer I used 6.8 gallons of fuel on the ride, and as I was pulling back into the dock the fuel level indicated 62%.

The big thing I noticed is that while riding I was not getting the huge fluctuations in fuel readings as before. (it stayed at the same % and slowly lowered as I was burning through fuel) So it seemed that the new software instructions do disregard momentary data.

I plan on a longer ride in a few days, and will report back how it behaves when burning through a whole tank.

8. +1 by:

can anyone confirm this is fixed on 2020/2021 Skis ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FAMT View Post
    can anyone confirm this is fixed on 2020/2021 Skis ?
    2020's are obviously included in the recall, yet limited - aka "certain 2020 FB1800 ... FC1800" FX models. Sounds like they might have found/fixed the issue mid-year to me.

As for 2021 & up, generally-speaking, is that newer models AFTER said recall notice typically have the fix already. The manufacturer, being aware of the issue, either updates/fixes production flaw, or adds said recall procedure after the fact before leaving the factory floor, until production line is corrected.
    There's 6 more pages to that recall ... perhaps the answer is buried in there - short of waiting for a 2021 owner to post-up.

So this was an Reflash to the Display itself right ? no other Part in the Tank ?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information