Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

+1
    I contacted Yamaha today and they told me they have not heard of this issue on a consistent basis like people are posting on this website. Actually they said there has been no reports of this issue, from the dealers.
    The problem we’re having is nobody has a solution to this. Or has reported or have taken it to the dealer or has been fixed. And reported it on this thread
    My gut feeling is nobody wants to wait 2 to 3 weeks during prime riding season for these new machines to be worked on for this nuisance. I’m the same way I don’t want to lose a month. Of prime riding

+1
    I am willing to bet Yamaha knows all bout the issue. They said they never heard about the hulls cracking in the gp1800s. That is a generic answer from corporate.

+1
    There were reports of this same issue posted in some Facebook groups. One guy even said it was fixed under warranty , so Yamaha has definitely heard about this issue before.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blk88notch View Post
    I am willing to bet Yamaha knows all bout the issue. They said they never heard about the hulls cracking in the gp1800s. That is a generic answer from corporate.
    Agreed - they know.
    When we consumers report such issues . . . it is (regrettably) for the benefit of the MFR, as they will rarely allow information to flow back down to us. Only way it gets back to us is if it's a dire safety issue - or too big to contain under wraps.

---------

As mentioned on my previous post, here is the prescribed tests as per Service Manual. My manual is a little old, yet I doubt this technologies has changed much.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fuel_sender_2019-05-15 06-59-19.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	448372
    Fuel Sender Ohms Tests

So looking at this test, we see that "full" signal is very low resistance, while "empty" would be a higher resistance. Might be a good idea to simply disconnect & reconnect the associated connector just to make sure all is in good contacts.

+1
    My fuel alarm was going off last ride when I was WOT, gauge showed about 15% when idling. Filled my tank yesterday and only took 10 gallons.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith88 View Post
    My fuel alarm was going off last ride when I was WOT, gauge showed about 15% when idling. Filled my tank yesterday and only took 10 gallons.
    Same thing happens to me... I've yet to see an accurate fuel gauge on any ski that I've been on. I think it's just one of those things you learn to live with.

+1
    My 2018 FXHO, 2013 VXR, and 2012 VX are way better than what's been reported with the 2019 FX. At two bars, 6 gallons left. At the alarm, 3 gallons left. With the 2019 FXs, a half tank and sometimes more sets of the alarm from what's been reported. Members have also said that if you use the display to show fuel used, it's very close. I hope to get my 2019 FXHO in the water for first time this weekend. Can't wait to see what happens.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Erierunner View Post
    . . . . Members have also said that if you use the display to show fuel used, it's very close.
    That's probably going to be the way of the future... fuel metering via the AFR maps is pretty predictable, so it's not really that complicated for a computer to track your RPMs, TPS, and time to guesstimate fuel used & fuel left.

11 gal used and low fuel warning comes on. This is on a 2019 fix svho limited. I wonder if ski does have all 18.5 gal of fuel useable? Also it is hard to run to empty (to test) as refuel is nearly impossible on water with the location of the fuel cap. I can refuel easily on my other ski, 2019 rxtx.

+1
    Just wanted to report in. Used 10 gallons, gauge said “Low”.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information