+1

Rxpx 260 after maintance do I need to reset??

I Did general maintenance my self oil change, filter, o-rings, spark plugs. Is there anything I need to reset so a maintenance lite doesnít pop? She has exactly 60hrs now.. i bought it over the winter she runs great just donít know if I need to have something reset before I dock her for the season.

Thanks

+1
    Fairly certain it takes a dealer using BUDS or an owner using CanDooPro to reset the service reminder.

The reminder is simply a nuisance...you can opt to ignore it.

I change my own oil and as a courtesy to me, my dealer will reset it if needed when it's taken in for other maintenance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xspook View Post
    Fairly certain it takes a dealer using BUDS or an owner using CanDooPro to reset the service reminder.

The reminder is simply a nuisance...you can opt to ignore it.

I change my own oil and as a courtesy to me, my dealer will reset it if needed when it's taken in for other maintenance.
    Ok, thanks for the reply so when the due light comes on its needs to go to
    the dealer to get reset.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    it's a naggy reminder. Only problem I see is that it will always be on, and you could easily miss a real problem its trying to alert you to. At the last major update Jeep allows customers to reset this message by stepping on the gas three times when you first turn on the key. I hope BRP will do the same down the road. On the other hand that update forces jeep owners to go to a locksmith or dealer to code new FOBIK keys. if you had two working you at one times was able to code a third without fees

Granted the LCD display will show a warning message, but its pretty easy to miss due to the general non visibility of that message when on the water

A candoo is pretty convenient for that and a few other things, like coding keys. If you ride with a bunch of guys, get them to chip in .if there are three others the cost is $100 a pop at the GH store Home unit supports 4 skis, you can add kaw or yamaha for a few hundred ( unlimited on those)

Well worth it, since I charge any walk in $25 to reset the basic service message. I run the full report which shows RMP ranges and min/max temps the engine was subjected to. Great if you're planning on selling your ski and proving it wasn't thrashed top death. I won't reset a supercharger nag without proof it was actually done.

If you develop a good relationship with your dealer they will do it gratis, but it's always a good idea to tip the service manager for that ability to roll in and out while you wait.

Thread Information