Speedster 200 engine question help

Hey guys, Iím new here. I have a few questions about my boat. I lost the engine ďhole in blockĒ a replacement 215 is not easy to find in my area so Iím considering an alternative. I found a seadoo gtx 185 and wondering can I plug and play this engine into my boat and what I need to do. I know it has cast vs forged Iím okay with that for now if it will work. Ski is a 04 my boat is 07 thinking I can just use the block and my 215 bolt on stuff or is this not possible?

Boat is 2007 speedster 200 twin 215ís

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    first off, welcome to GH.

it's not advisable to use two different size motors in that boat. the issues will be numerous

get the proper engine

where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    first off, welcome to GH.

it's not advisable to use two different size motors in that boat. the issues will be numerous

get the proper engine

where are you located?
    Well it would only be different pistons? I believe if I use all my 215 parts there wouldnít be a hp difference other than piston material, Iím located Newfoundland Canada and there are no parts available to me here unless I buy a full sea-doo and pull engine. A 215 is hard to find

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie200 View Post
    Well it would only be different pistons? I believe if I use all my 215 parts there wouldnít be a hp difference other than piston material, Iím located Newfoundland Canada and there are no parts available to me here unless I buy a full sea-doo and pull engine. A 215 is hard to find
    Have you tried SBT? I replaced the port engine (215) with an SBT premium engine and very pleased.

+1
    I bought a remain motor from seadoo with a warranty for $2400.00. It was cheaper than any used or sbt motor I found.

+1
    Both engines are the same, minus some parts. Main differences between both are the pistons and flywheel tooth count.

If your other 2 pistons are fine then all you have to do is buy one used 215hp piston, change all 3 of the 185hp pistons with the 215 versions and put your 215 flywheel into the 185 crankshaft and voila you have a 215 block.

Check your valves to make sure they are not the hollow ones so you don't loose another block.

I dont recall if you posted year of craft but if it's 2006 and up then you need a 2006 and up 185hp block. Due in part to the cranks changing that year. There is a trick around it and it will work but you need to search and make sure you do it right.

+1
    Just read the last part of your first post which I somehow skipped over. In 2006 they redesigned the pto cover and put the crank sensor lower. That's the reason for the timing change. Everything will still work you just need to search in the jetski section and find where to put the magneto cup for timing to be acceptable and run the engine.

Thread Information