F12X with straight pipe and maybe water box?

I have an 07 F12x I fabbed up the straight pipe exhaust for a few weeks ago and then got the notorious code 25 this past Sunday so I figured while it was down and waiting on the ECU repaired I would change the exhaust up. Has anyone basically done a muffler delete but kept the factory water box? Just looking at it all I would need is a piece of 3.5" stainless and a 3-3.5" 90* coupler and I could use the factory water box. Any pros and cons to doing this? I would just like to quieten it down a bit for when I have my daughter riding.

Heres the exhaust if anyone wants to hear it. I see a few videos but mainly from years ago.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Z'mnypit View Post
    I have an 07 F12x I fabbed up the straight pipe exhaust for a few weeks ago and then got the notorious code 25 this past Sunday so I figured while it was down and waiting on the ECU repaired I would change the exhaust up. Has anyone basically done a muffler delete but kept the factory water box? Just looking at it all I would need is a piece of 3.5" stainless and a 3-3.5" 90* coupler and I could use the factory water box. Any pros and cons to doing this? I would just like to quieten it down a bit for when I have my daughter riding.

Heres the exhaust if anyone wants to hear it. I see a few videos but mainly from years ago.

Thanks!
    Here is what I done on my got Honda. Just to eliminate that lump of aluminium. Easily done.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=196491&page=9

Completely stock Honda waterbox
    Notice a big reduction in turbo lag also with this

Quote Originally Posted by steelroe View Post
    Completely stock Honda waterbox
    Notice a big reduction in turbo lag also with this
    I got no replies so I completed it a few days ago to test. It worked fine all weekend and defiantly took the loudness away.

Thread Information