Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47
  1. #1
    Super Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lake Wylie, SC
    Posts
    311
    +1
    36

    Impeller Q for a FX svho stage 3

    I have the FX SVHO with the Riva stage 3, 17 psi wheel. Currently 86.7 mph at 8990 rpm with the Solas 13/20. What do you expect the results would be if I installed a Solas 13/18?


  2. #2
    Hurricane1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Gulf of Mexico
    Posts
    1,296
    +1
    130
    200 or so rpm....
    More boost.
    More speed

  3. #3
    Super Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lake Wylie, SC
    Posts
    311
    +1
    36
    That is what I was hoping to hear. I shall give it a try.

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    slower...the 13/20 seams to be the prop for the fx just take a mm out or it making it a 13/19 if u want more r's

  5. +1 by:


  6. #5
    outnumbered's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Locust NC
    Posts
    920
    +1
    139
    13/19 appears to be the best setup for mine. I've hit 89.0, and that was on a clutch that went out the next day.

  7. #6
    Super Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lake Wylie, SC
    Posts
    311
    +1
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
    13/19 appears to be the best setup for mine. I've hit 89.0, and that was on a clutch that went out the next day.
    I saw that. Impressive. It seems though the 13/18 would have put it right in the sweet spot you were shooting for. Has anyone done back to back testing on the 13/18 vs 13/20 on this stage 3 17# wheel set up for comparison?

  8. #7
    Dg1148's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New braunfels, TX
    Posts
    418
    +1
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
    I saw that. Impressive. It seems though the 13/18 would have put it right in the sweet spot you were shooting for. Has anyone done back to back testing on the 13/18 vs 13/20 on this stage 3 17# wheel set up for comparison?
    Iím in the process of doing that. My out of the box 13/20 had me at 85/8600 rpms and my 13/17 had me at 9400 rpms. Iím pitching the 13/20 to a 13/19 and the 13/17 to a 13/18 and trying both of those out.

  9. #8
    outnumbered's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Locust NC
    Posts
    920
    +1
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
    I saw that. Impressive. It seems though the 13/18 would have put it right in the sweet spot you were shooting for. Has anyone done back to back testing on the 13/18 vs 13/20 on this stage 3 17# wheel set up for comparison?
    Once my pitch gauge arrives, I am going to see what my old 13/18 actually is. I think it's a 13/17, as it spins too high. If it is in fact still a 13/18, I can give you absolute conclusive results.

  10. #9
    Super Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lake Wylie, SC
    Posts
    311
    +1
    36
    got my new Solas 13/18. Checked the pitch with my gauge and its right on. Install this week.

    Note: I noticed that Riva is now installing the 13/18 on their 2019 limited FX1800R instear of the 13/20 as in the past.
    https://rivaracing.com/i-24080317-ri...!make%3DYAMAHA

  11. #10
    outnumbered's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Locust NC
    Posts
    920
    +1
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
    got my new Solas 13/18. Checked the pitch with my gauge and its right on. Install this week.

    Note: I noticed that Riva is now installing the 13/18 on their 2019 limited FX1800R instear of the 13/20 as in the past.
    https://rivaracing.com/i-24080317-ri...!make%3DYAMAHA
    They are, but it is also 2mph slower than the previous model.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2017 FX SVHO Stage 3 with 17lb wheel VS 2018 RXTX 300 Stage 3 Plus!!!!
    By outnumbered in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-14-2019, 08:06 AM
  2. stage 2 and stage 3 SC impeller difference?
    By daverxp4 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 07:28 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 07:33 PM
  4. riva stage one and stage 2 impeller question
    By CarFanatic in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 09:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •