Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In about 1 to 1.5 ft chop, the rxtx was still kicking Yamaha's ass. Seadoo is much easier to fill gas at gas station and on water. You can get to the trunk in seadoo while riding not yamaha. Yamaha I can fit a 6.5 gal jug nicely which I like. I heard alot of bad reliability of seadoo so we will see.
    I do easy riding so both skis are good so far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190511-212400_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	448247

+1
    Well you’re gonna need that easy fill up because it’s got a 15.9 Gallons versus the 18.9, see I like the huge glove box the Yamaha gives us I generally put my water bottle in there when I when I drive. No why would I want to open up the whole trunk just to get A swig of water. See everyone’s different I did not buy the Sea-Doo because of the small gas tank. And I didn’t like the seat. I also like the fit and finish on the Yamaha much better. It looks more luxurious And classy The CD reminds me of a crotch rocket

+1
    I rode my wife's new 2019 FX Cruiser SVHO this weekend. Wow smooth ride. I ride in the bay chop. It was hard to keep the RPMs down during break in. Nice cruiser ski.

Not a fan of the dash at this time. I am sure I will learn where everything is in time.

Robert

+1
    Hi Jim so youíre saying that the 2019 Fx svho cruiser has a better ride than the RXTX can you elaborate please. Since now you own both

+1
    You need to be EXTREMELY careful riding with a gas can in your hull like that. If it even leaks a little bit of fuel, it will evaporate into the compartment and explode from any spark. Not a good idea to store it in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by kazsak View Post
    In about 1 to 1.5 ft chop, the rxtx was still kicking Yamaha's ass. Seadoo is much easier to fill gas at gas station and on water. You can get to the trunk in seadoo while riding not yamaha. Yamaha I can fit a 6.5 gal jug nicely which I like. I heard alot of bad reliability of seadoo so we will see.
    I do easy riding so both skis are good so far.

6. +1 by:

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahasrule View Post
    You need to be EXTREMELY careful riding with a gas can in your hull like that. If it even leaks a little bit of fuel, it will evaporate into the compartment and explode from any spark. Not a good idea to store it in there.
    The front storage compartment is not air tight sealed from the engine compartment. The engine compartment has exposed electrical connections at the battery and potentially elsewhere. Plus a running engine complete with ignition coils, etc.

Normally there should not be open sparks inside the engine compartment, but shit can happen.

You do not want to risk creating a potentially explosive air:fuel mixture trapped inside the hull.

Wow, didnt think about it, thanks. I bought a deep blue superrack so I can carry 17.5 gal of fuel (fits my 5,6. And 6.5 gal gas cans). Original plan was to carry one of each 6.5 gal jugs in seadoo rxtx and Yamaha. Looks like I be buying another superrack for the seadoo.

Name:	Screenshot_20190513-232530_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	448327

Name:	20190507_162632.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	448328

+1
    Very interested on the ride difference between the two. We found our '17 FX SVHO to be wetter than our Sea doo's. The ST3 hull on the TX was supposed to handle the chop better than others...?

Nice set up !
    Quote Originally Posted by kazsak View Post
    Wow, didnt think about it, thanks. I bought a deep blue superrack so I can carry 17.5 gal of fuel (fits my 5,6. And 6.5 gal gas cans). Original plan was to carry one of each 6.5 gal jugs in seadoo rxtx and Yamaha. Looks like I be buying another superrack for the seadoo.

Just got back from 80 miles on Indian river and in chop in which I can’t even hold on at wot, the seadoo was pulling away. Difference is I am 50 lbs heavier and have a superrack with 5 gal fuel tank still full and seadoo has only a cooler in the back like the pic I posted. Both skis have gps and seadoo showed 69.1 mph and yahama showed 68.9 mph, granted we just ride like normal sit up position. When doing h2h, seadoo feels like 2 mph faster hence I already bought RIVA stage 1 for the Yamaha.

Quote Originally Posted by bill321 View Post
    Very interested on the ride difference between the two. We found our '17 FX SVHO to be wetter than our Sea doo's. The ST3 hull on the TX was supposed to handle the chop better than others...?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information