Gp1800 fuel pump

What is the limit of the stock fuel pump for the GP1800 before you need to start thinking about getting a higher flowing pump?

+1
    Dean recommended to me that I replace my pump with a higher rated one while still using stock regulator when I went from 8500 to 9500 RPM limit on a 2017 GP. He said that the fuel pump in that ski was a little weak. I know it may not help you much since I don't have all the details but maybe someone like that could take a look at your mods and recommend a pump for you. He sold me the new pump with a pigtail to plug up to the stock plug.

That's what he told me as well but it doesn't seem like many people upgrade their pumps (maybe I'm wrong) so I was just curious to see what other people had experience with or info on. I've gotten all my tuning and some of my parts from Dean so he usually my go to for info. I'm taking my ski to him this week to get retainers installed so while its there ill have him through the fuel pump in as well. Did you have any issues installing the pump since its a little taller than the factory pump?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerC89 View Post
    That's what he told me as well but it doesn't seem like many people upgrade their pumps (maybe I'm wrong) so I was just curious to see what other people had experience with or info on. I've gotten all my tuning and some of my parts from Dean so he usually my go to for info. I'm taking my ski to him this week to get retainers installed so while its there ill have him through the fuel pump in as well. Did you have any issues installing the pump since its a little taller than the factory pump?
    Do it. Would have saved me a lot of time and bs if I did it right away. You can get it on Amazon for like 60 bucks, best money spent.

+1
    If you are turning over 8800 I would upgrade fuel pump and add regulator and always check with afr gauge

+1
    No problem installing. I did have to press it harder to get the pump to snap back together.

Quote Originally Posted by palmerC89 View Post

Thread Information