Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

300x Preventative Maint. - LOST TOOLS?!

Well, I bought an exhaust filter for my 300x at about 25 hours since I read all the issues... been sitting in my garage and I keep looking at it thinking I'm pushing my luck. Now ski has 78 hours (I ride pretty lightly). I had zero symptoms like hard start, rusty plugs, etc... so kept letting it ride. Finally did it today and found the filter to be in near new condition. Welds look strong, etc... I change it of course.

While I was doing the work, I heard my shop light drop down into the bilge. I have NO IDEA where it could have gone. It was turned on and I can't even see it down there.

Anyone have a guess on how to find it? I'm not pulling the engine. I t may rattle around down there forever.

damn.

+1
    Wait until it gets darker so you might be able to see the light shining. Bend a coat hanger to slide underneath and hook it.

Now, can anybody tell me how to get my flashlight out of the defroster on my Tahoe? It went way down in there, around a corner, and stuck in one of the flapper valves. It stayed light for 3 days.

3. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Wait until it gets darker so you might be able to see the light shining. Bend a coat hanger to slide underneath and hook it.

Now, can anybody tell me how to get my flashlight out of the defroster on my Tahoe? It went way down in there, around a corner, and stuck in one of the flapper valves. It stayed light for 3 days.

Unbelievable how how tight it is in there. Remembered I have a scope camera with a light. Will try next time I’m there. If it works you can borrow it!

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttrm007 View Post
    Unbelievable how how tight it is in there. Remembered I have a scope camera with a light. Will try next time I’m there. If it works you can borrow it!
    I've got a couple of those. Problem is you can't go around more than one corner.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    i dropped the oil filter bolt in a 2005 rxp this week ( first time ever btw)..couldn't shake it loose and it's tighter then a gas station slot machine. not magnetic of course and I used up my bag of tricks trying to retrieve it. Stuck good.

Waiting for a new one to arrive ( special order of course)

I'm sure after a few hours of lake riding, I'll have a spare when it comes back in for winterizing

+1
    Bendy magnet from harbor freight worked for me when I dropped a socket down there, hopefully your light is metal.

+1
    Hey, Peter, did you try an air hose with a long nozzle?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttrm007 View Post
    shop light drop down into the bottom of the hull. I have NO IDEA where it could have gone. Anyone have a guess on how to find it? I'm not pulling the engine. I t may rattle around down there forever..
    -----------------------------
    A Shop Light is PFB - I kinda find it hard to believe it has mysteriously disappeared - a flashlight maybe but a shop light ???

Anyways, I would certainly give it maximum effort to get that sucker out of the bottom of your hull - especially with a Supercharged Ski - as if the supercharger belt sucks that thing up in the choppy surf - you're gonna be hating not fishing for that sucker while you were on dry land.

My recommendation is to prop up the nose of the trailer as high as it will go, put an old towel at the rear section tucked into the bottom of the hull - in an attempt at not allowing your object to go beyond the thru-hull bearing section of the hull and get the garden hose in front of the engine at the lowest point and turn that sucker up to full blast and try to push whatever to the rear-most section of the engine and reach around to get that sucker out.

I had a busted hose clamp that was either done by the Manufacturer or at the 10-Hour Service Interval that I managed to fish out in exactly this manner. It was SS and non magnetic. It could certainly create a catastrophic issue if the supercharger belt ingested something like that.

Good Luck !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    -----------------------------
    A Shop Light is PFB - I kinda find it hard to believe it has mysteriously disappeared - a flashlight maybe but a shop light ???

Anyways, I would certainly give it maximum effort to get that sucker out of the bottom of your hull - especially with a Supercharged Ski - as if the supercharger belt sucks that thing up in the choppy surf - you're gonna be hating not fishing for that sucker while you were on dry land.

My recommendation is to prop up the nose of the trailer as high as it will go, put an old towel at the rear section tucked into the bottom of the hull - in an attempt at not allowing your object to go beyond the thru-hull bearing section of the hull and get the garden hose in front of the engine at the lowest point and turn that sucker up to full blast and try to push whatever to the rear-most section of the engine and reach around to get that sucker out.

I had a busted hose clamp that was either done by the Manufacturer or at the 10-Hour Service Interval that I managed to fish out in exactly this manner. It was SS and non magnetic. It could certainly create a catastrophic issue if the supercharger belt ingested something like that.

Good Luck !!!
    Pretty good idea. I think best chance so far. The light is a battery operated LED type. About the size of my hand but narrower. Kind of like a flat flashlight with the led array on the side. Definitely a decent size but you are right, not as bit as a traditional shop light.

It has a magnet on it (which I forgot about). Maybe that's my problem is it stuck to something on the way down.

I'll be digging next time I'm there.

+1
    Maybe even try a leaf blower and the forced air it may induct ... worked for me once but, I was retrieving a dropped O-ring ... fwiw ... (best o’ success)!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information