Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2019 rxtx 300 impeller selection

My stock prop got damage with rocks chipped and scraped up wear ring also, my mods are intake, exhaust, scom catch can.
    previous 77 normal everyday with hitting 79 once at a lake, I want the fastest accelerating prop from 0-77

NO SOLAS

my choice is skat trak 15/19 email riva and this is what the said to use.

or

get a new stock impeller ?

ordering monday so need advice asap - also will be getting the stainless wear ring.

thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by holeshot1 View Post
    My stock prop got damage with rocks chipped and scraped up wear ring also, my mods are intake, exhaust, scom catch can.
    previous 77 normal everyday with hitting 79 once at a lake, I want the fastest accelerating prop from 0-77

NO SOLAS

or

ordering monday so need advice asap - also will be getting the stainless wear ring.

thanks
    Two things not to do, Stainless ring and 15/19 skat trak. Been there done that...happy to sell you a 15/19 if you don't believe me. I personally really like the new solas 13/19 in a stockish ski. If you have a scom and riding the limiter on a stock prop the solas isn't a good choice. I might have a newish stock prop around if you want one...have to check my closet.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Two things not to do, Stainless ring and 15/19 skat trak. Been there done that...happy to sell you a 15/19 if you don't believe me. I personally really like the new solas 13/19 in a stockish ski. If you have a scom and riding the limiter on a stock prop the solas isn't a good choice. I might have a newish stock prop around if you want one...have to check my closet.
    could you tell me why not the skat and stainless what happens ?. yes im on the limiter with the stock prop. thats not good right ?. im running 8140 - 8100 rpms

+1
    could you tell me why not the skat and stainless what happens ?. yes im on the limiter with the stock prop. thats not good right ?. im running 8140 - 8100 rpms
    The only case I can make for a stainless ring is if your are riding in an area that has a lot of debris and you are eating rings all the time. For me the downsides out weigh the upsides of the stainless ring. The impellers always get chewed up/blistered on the edges when running a stainless ring. I don't know that it makes a huge performance difference at stock levels but it sure bugs me that my impellers get beat up. Impellers stretch and flex so more RPM more stretch more contact with the ring.
    They are virtually impossible to get out of the pump in my personal experience.
    I definitely wouldn't run a solas 3 blade in stainless ring, they are definitely not as tough as the stock impellers and when they stretch you don't want them to hit a hard surface. I've run a 13/18 for quite a while now and really like it. But it will increase your revs by about 200RPM...so that won't work for you if your on the limiter. You must ride in some cool weather to still be on the limiter on a stock ski with a scom. The 15/19 will turn more RPM and stay about the same speed as a stock impeller running 200RPM slower. Sounds like the stock impeller is the way to go for you. You can put a little pitch in it if it's bugging you but hard to want to mess with just to take a 100rpm out of it. You should just put a base flash on your ski and enjoy the extra RPM.

+1

NO SOLAS

or

thanks
    My advice, go with the new Solas SXX 13/18 and the Lucky 13 adjustable cone to get you off the limiter, and give you better overall performance.

SOLAS SXX 13/18 Impeller for Sea Doo 300HP Skis

This new and improved impeller from Solas is for the 300 HP Sea Doo Skis. This Solas 161mm 3-blade Concord Impeller increases low-end thrust and...
    SXX-CD-13/18 $360.95

Lucky 13 Adjustable Pump Cone for Sea Doo

All billet construction and hard anodized to prevent corrosion. Easily adjusted by removing stainless steel tail cone bolt, pulling off billet cone...
    L13 SD $298.00

I'm curious about that Solas SXX 13/18 prop. Would you recommend that for my 2018 PX with SCOM and catch can? Give me any more top end? Best I've gotten is 76 going downhill with a tailwind while i'm pegging out the RPM at 8080. Would love to squeeze another 1-2mph out of her before spending money on a stage 2.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RathKC View Post
    I'm curious about that Solas SXX 13/18 prop. Would you recommend that for my 2018 PX with SCOM and catch can? Give me any more top end? Best I've gotten is 76 going downhill with a tailwind while i'm pegging out the RPM at 8080. Would love to squeeze another 1-2mph out of her before spending money on a stage 2.
    Not if you on the limiter. You could try the lucky cone and get yourself off the limiter. It's such a PIA when your on SCOM to try to tweak it so your just barely on the limiter or not riding the limiter. Flash it and unleash the beast. You'll be fine up till 8300rpm. The base flash is super safe, virtually no reason not to do it. If you where at 7800rpm I'd say do the 13/18 to get the RPM/speed back up. For me it's a great summer impeller for a lightly modded ski.

Sorry, I know stupid question, but when you say "flash" you mean Maptune? I'm still new in the world of modding (obviously), as installing the catch can was a PIA alone with my hands trying to reach that exhaust manifold bolt to mount it. I'm not the most mechanically inclined admittedly, so I'm just trying to get the "easy" solutions without breaking the bank.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RathKC View Post
    Sorry, I know stupid question, but when you say "flash" you mean Maptune? I'm still new in the world of modding (obviously), as installing the catch can was a PIA alone with my hands trying to reach that exhaust manifold bolt to mount it. I'm not the most mechanically inclined admittedly, so I'm just trying to get the "easy" solutions without breaking the bank.
    Yep, maptune...flash and go! The base flash will release all the GPS and torque/RPM limiters. See link below on the greenhulk store, you can send Jerry a message(store/forum owner) he can help you out.

https://www.4-tecperformance.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=180&zenid=letue2g0 2bnsv0ip32gvaqvbd3

+1
    So if the prop number is to get me proper RPM.. what if I Iike acceleration more than a top speed
    What will be the different in choosing the prop ?
    Because I was on stock pitch prop and was on 8200 rpm when I jump to Solas 13/16 I didn't notice any thing in acceleration only I pick one or two miles on top speed

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information