Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    WaterDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hudson, WI
    Posts
    1,405
    +1
    234
    I have a friend who is an investigator for insurance and warranty fraud. He was just out on our boat this weekend. He gets hired by insurance and warranty companies to investigate provider fraud. He works with medical insurance companies and auto makers.

    it works like this....they look at an entire enterprise group. Say all the Chevy dealers. Use statistics to find anomalies. They are specifically looking for a dealer or a doctors office that is submitting claims that are statistically unusual and then investigate further as needed. Might be fraud. Might be a training issue.

    Dealers apparently monitor this stuff and don’t want to get on the radar. No clue as to if Yamaha uses these services but I do think why this can speak to the reluctance of some dealers to take on warranty work and others to be more cautious.

    But its just a guess.

  2. #22
    Does the ECU keep a log of when it was flashed and what was done to it during the flash?

  3. #23
    xkon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    198
    +1
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlMX5 View Post
    Does the ECU keep a log of when it was flashed and what was done to it during the flash?
    The ECU logs the RPMs that you were running. You cannot go over 8000 RPMs stock, so if they look at your ECU and see you have any runtime above 8000 rpms, they will know that you have tuned the ECU. This is the case even if you flash the ECU back to stock before going to the dealership.


  4. #24
    I was confused reading Yamahas extended warranty paperwork. I picked up my 2020 gp1800r svho and literally just made the 5/31 sales event. The offer was 2.9apr for my tier, no payments for 90 and 500 or 5 year extended. I took obviously the 5year warranty, I wont be paying on this for more than a year, really the purchase was for making a perfect credit history, but have some fun in the process. The paperwork I recieved hints to the fact you have to have the recommended maintenance performed at the intervals stated in the manual for the warranty to be valid, the dealer made me sign off on an acknowledgement of the 10 hour service, that they must perform. I'm calling bs on the whole experience. I have no problem purchasing Yamalube, filters, plugs whatever from the dealer, but the only wrenchs touching my property are the ones in my own garage. Reading the paperwork, it almost looks more like a warning then a warranty. Do I risk doing my own work??

  5. #25
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    37,709
    +1
    3,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbirdpilot View Post
    I was confused reading Yamahas extended warranty paperwork. I picked up my 2020 gp1800r svho and literally just made the 5/31 sales event. The offer was 2.9apr for my tier, no payments for 90 and 500 or 5 year extended. I took obviously the 5year warranty, I wont be paying on this for more than a year, really the purchase was for making a perfect credit history, but have some fun in the process. The paperwork I recieved hints to the fact you have to have the recommended maintenance performed at the intervals stated in the manual for the warranty to be valid, the dealer made me sign off on an acknowledgement of the 10 hour service, that they must perform. I'm calling bs on the whole experience. I have no problem purchasing Yamalube, filters, plugs whatever from the dealer, but the only wrenchs touching my property are the ones in my own garage. Reading the paperwork, it almost looks more like a warning then a warranty. Do I risk doing my own work??

    You can absolutely do your own maintenance work. Just keep your receipts for your oil/filter, etc.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    You can absolutely do your own maintenance work. Just keep your receipts for your oil/filter, etc.
    i can back this up ^^^, i also went for the Y.E.S. program when i purchsed my ski new in '15, spoke to the rep on the phone, she explained to me, '' if i do any maintenance on my ski ?, PLEASE LOG ALL WORK, ALL RECEIPTS FOR FUTURE RECORDS '' !.

  7. +1 by:


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Modifications, will they affect warranty? A must read!
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-16-2019, 02:39 PM
  2. Modifications, will they affect warranty? A must read!
    By Green Hulk in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2019, 02:55 PM
  3. Modifications and Warranty
    By skwiggey in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 10:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •