Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2018 seadoo spark ace ho with ibr & convience package into trixx model help!!!

Hello,

This is my first post.

So i have been thinking about buying a Sea Doo Spark TRIXX for my girlfriend.

Is it possible to buy an2018 Sea-Doo SPARK® 2-up Rotax 900 HO ACE iBR® & CONV

And Convert it into a TRIXX model the mark up for the trixx model is 1700$ more at my local dealer?

I believe the difference is only the foot steps, bars and VTS.

I see seadoo sells all these parts for a lot cheaper then 1700$

So basically i am asking if you can buy a spark HO ACE iBR @ CONV and turn it into a SPARK TRIXXX

by adding the steps, bars and VTS

+1
    I suppose you could - you need the Extended VTS (make sure it's extended, not regular), the bars and the foot steps. yes you can get the parts cheaper but it's the installation that will be a real bitch and if you get a dealer to do it they'll charge you a mint.

I cant see the steps being to hard to install almost looks like its only 3 bolts. The VTS i looked up on youtube and looks like a easy 1 hour job. But do we know if the cables are long enough for the bars?

Do you think its worth just dishing out the extra $$.

Thanks for your response i have asked a couple dealers in my area and they all seem clueless.

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    The steering and "wedges" are NOT Needed to do "stand up wheelies".
    How tall are you?
    Just the ext. trim with the Ibr..Will make it a "Trixx"

Very interesting so if I get the ace ho IBR and get the extended range vts I’ll be good to wheelie around. So it can be done for a lot less $$

Im 61 210

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontuned View Post
    Very interesting so if I get the ace ho IBR and get the extended range vts I’ll be good to wheelie around. So it can be done for a lot less $$

Im 61 210
    Yup!! Just get the extended VTS..super easy install about 1/2hr. '17 2up with IBR...no foot steps or trixx bars.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_441434232964563.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	447864  

I can add the foot steps right?
    What about bars can they be added without getting a longer throttle cable?

I was looking at the sparks at my local dealer it looks like the steps are held on by 2-3 bolts per side. looks like the foot steps are 90$ from seadoo and it looks like the vts is around 200$ my dealer wants 5400 out the door with a free 1 ski galvanized trailer deal seems super fair! because i see used trixx on craiglist and offer up going for 6000

I am used to only riding stand up skis.(Proud 2nd owner of a super clean super jet!) And i am super new to the seadoo world. Racing dirt bikes has been my thing intill i fell and realized i do not heal as fast.

Is there anything i need to know about these 4 stroke skis?

I do know the engine compartment has very little access.

Does anyone find this a common problem?^^

How many hours do these motors get?

Basically i am asking if its worth it!!?? or do i just buy a super clean used ski maybe 2006+ (Year)

I live in southern CA so 10 to 15 year old trailers go for 300-400 with the proper paper work. And good looking well kept skis (Years) 2006-2009 skis go for 5 grand,Unless there crappy rentals with 400+ hours.

Glad that i joined this forum there is so much to learn.

What a great community!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontuned View Post
    I can add the foot steps right?
    What about bars can they be added without getting a longer throttle cable?

I was looking at the sparks at my local dealer it looks like the steps are held on by 2-3 bolts per side. looks like the foot steps are 90$ from seadoo and it looks like the vts is around 200$ my dealer wants 5400 out the door with a free 1 ski galvanized trailer deal seems super fair! because i see used trixx on craiglist and offer up going for 6000

I am used to only riding stand up skis.(Proud 2nd owner of a super clean super jet!) And i am super new to the seadoo world. Racing dirt bikes has been my thing intill i fell and realized i do not heal as fast.

Is there anything i need to know about these 4 stroke skis?

I do know the engine compartment has very little access.

Does anyone find this a common problem?^^

How many hours do these motors get?

Basically i am asking if its worth it!!?? or do i just buy a super clean used ski maybe 2006+ (Year)

I live in southern CA so 10 to 15 year old trailers go for 300-400 with the proper paper work. And good looking well kept skis (Years) 2006-2009 skis go for 5 grand,Unless there crappy rentals with 400+ hours.

Glad that i joined this forum there is so much to learn.

What a great community!
    It is hard to say, I know if i was buying a Spark now I would just get a Trixx to save the hassle of messing around with a brand new Spark.

If you buy a new one there isn't much you need to know as the little niggles have been fixed since it was released in 2014. I would be pushing the dealer for an extended warranty, I got three years on mine when I bought them back in 2015.

You won't get much access through the engine bay cover however the whole top deck can be taken off in 15 minutes arguably giving you better access than any other ski.

If maintained well the motors will do 500 hours, mine both have 140 and they are running very well.

My view is the Spark is the most fun I have ever had on the water, the bigger Skis are great don't get me wrong but the Spark is an absolute blast as it is so light and nimble and has a great power to weight ratio.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYZBUM View Post
    The steering and "wedges" are NOT Needed to do "stand up wheelies".
    How tall are you?
    Just the ext. trim with the Ibr..Will make it a "Trixx"
    While that's true, weight also has a bit to do with it - I can't pull a tail stand on my Spark even with extended trim.
    my boyfriend can though, but he's 20kg heavier than I am.
    My brother is about 30kg heavier and half a foot taller and he does them really easy.

BTW I also changed my bars to the Worx steering - much lighter.

I also thought Trixx was only one with factory bilge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information