+1

Question Which model to buy? I am torn..

I am currently a Kawasaki owner (2x2017 15F's) and ride with nothing but Sea-Doo owners and I have caught the bug.. I am totally in love with the ST3 Hull design and accessory features it offers. But I am having a hard time deciding which one to go with

2019 GTX 230 ST3
    or
    2019 RXT 230 ST3
    or

Going all out and doing a RXT 300 ST3

I am a mixed rider.. I cruise often but enjoy jumping waves in the ocean.. all the guys I ride with have no issues with the ST3 and wave jumping but swear it rides like butter.. and takes chop like a champion. I'd hate to say that speed isn't my goal but it kinda is lol

How fast can the 230 go? My Kawasaki's top out at 67 on the speedo but average a 63-65 in typical conditions and keep up just fine but the 230 & 300s I run with just take off like a dam bullet lol

If I decided to go with let's say RXT-230 - what sort of upgrades exist in terms of performance? Are they expensive to increase top speed output? Can you make the exhaust more aggressive sounding? Reason I mention this is because one of the guys I ride with has a RXT-300 with a Stage 3 and tune and its wicked nasty.. sounds like a monster on the water and will knock you off lol

+1
    I currently own a 2018 GTX 230 with sound. The hull is amazingly smooth.

But I now want more bells and whistles and quicker ski. I am going to go check out a 2019 GTX 300 Limited as it does not get any better than that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffr3 View Post
    I currently own a 2018 GTX 230 with sound. The hull is amazingly smooth.

But I now want more bells and whistles and quicker ski. I am going to go check out a 2019 GTX 300 Limited as it does not get any better than that.
    You have the ST3 hull? They're super smooth.. I also learned that the 300 Supercharger is a replaceable, wear item and is maintenance free up to 300 hours or something like that - were the 230's SC requires rebuild at certain intervals. This is pushing my decision to a RTX-X 300

The 2019 230 SC does not require a rebuild.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveBrisk View Post
    I am currently a Kawasaki owner (2x2017 15F's) and ride with nothing but Sea-Doo owners and I have caught the bug.. I am totally in love with the ST3 Hull design and accessory features it offers. But I am having a hard time deciding which one to go with

2019 GTX 230 ST3
    or
    2019 RXT 230 ST3
    or

Going all out and doing a RXT 300 ST3

I am a mixed rider.. I cruise often but enjoy jumping waves in the ocean.. all the guys I ride with have no issues with the ST3 and wave jumping but swear it rides like butter.. and takes chop like a champion. I'd hate to say that speed isn't my goal but it kinda is lol

How fast can the 230 go? My Kawasaki's top out at 67 on the speedo but average a 63-65 in typical conditions and keep up just fine but the 230 & 300s I run with just take off like a dam bullet lol

If I decided to go with let's say RXT-230 - what sort of upgrades exist in terms of performance? Are they expensive to increase top speed output? Can you make the exhaust more aggressive sounding? Reason I mention this is because one of the guys I ride with has a RXT-300 with a Stage 3 and tune and its wicked nasty.. sounds like a monster on the water and will knock you off lol

I know if I bought a 230, I would have wished I had gone with a 300. You always want more so why not go for the big boy right away and have peace of mind knowing you got the top dog.

The GreenHulk Store has plenty of mods for either the 230, or the 300, whichever you decide to go with.
    Both the 230 and 300's have "maintenance free" superchargers. They are not rebuildable.

+1
    go 300. you wont regret it. you will if you dont get one.

fuel consumption on them are about equal. so if you hear some one say its way better on gas is full of Chit. they are really close.
    but the power on the 300 is noticeably better. not even the top speed so much but the acceleration and the time it takes to get to top speed.
    i honestly dont even know why they even bother with a 230 motor. they should just have more color options on the 300 and call it good.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WakePirate View Post
    go 300. you wont regret it. you will if you dont get one.

fuel consumption on them are about equal. so if you hear some one say its way better on gas is full of Chit. they are really close.
    but the power on the 300 is noticeably better. not even the top speed so much but the acceleration and the time it takes to get to top speed.
    i honestly dont even know why they even bother with a 230 motor. they should just have more color options on the 300 and call it good.
    I have settled on getting a the RXT-X 300 and calling it a day.. like you mentioned. I would want the bigger Ski and kick myself for not having it.. so I'm going to go for it

I've decided on the Yellow because I don't want the maintenance of Black this go around.. so many scratches and extra care needed to keep it clean.

I've also decided to go with a Stage 1 kit and Freeflow exhaust upgrade by Riva - I've been reading up on the Catch Can is needed for the 300s - but I didn't see a kit you can buy?

+1
    I have settled on getting a the RXT-X 300 and calling it a day.. like you mentioned. I would want the bigger Ski and kick myself for not having it.. so I'm going to go for it

I've decided on the Yellow because I don't want the maintenance of Black this go around.. so many scratches and extra care needed to keep it clean.

I've also decided to go with a Stage 1 kit and Freeflow exhaust upgrade by Riva - I've been reading up on the Catch Can is needed for the 300s - but I didn't see a kit you can buy?
    Nice choice on the yellow TX-300! I to was deciding between the (230) gtrx230 an (300) Px-300.. for about $1200 more got the 300, better hull T3 for chop, an more HP, easier to go faster....no regrets later on.

+1

Here is the catch can i would recommend. this is what i run! LINK HERE

+1
    Thank you!

Thread Information