Thread: Engine issues

Engine issues

I Don't have photos but my dad is about to let me dig into his 2001 Sea-Doo RX and this is the second time this has happened but the pistion is acting as if its poping out of the cil and then after turning for a few seconds pops in runs for 3 seconds and pops back out and you can hear it slamming something and the engine was a new engine only a year old and it did it eny ideas so when I do rebuild I can prevent it from happening

Quote Originally Posted by Troy(Redneck) View Post
    I Don't have photos but my dad is about to let me dig into his 2001 Sea-Doo RX and this is the second time this has happened but the pistion is acting as if its poping out of the cil and then after turning for a few seconds pops in runs for 3 seconds and pops back out and you can hear it slamming something and the engine was a new engine only a year old and it did it eny ideas so when I do rebuild I can prevent it from happening
    first thing I would do is pull the head to see if you have done any damage because you may be able to save what you have. I wouldn't start it any more if your hearing a slapping noise what motor do you have in there.

+1
    Sounds like a crank bearing has spit a cage. If it's an SBT crank then I'd just about put money on that!
    Take it apart and let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    Sounds like a crank bearing has spit a cage. If it's an SBT crank then I'd just about put money on that!
    Take it apart and let us know.
    We tore it apart it was a sbt but the people that put t in messed up my dad had a place in cilina Ohio put it in called bay view and they did a terrible job the no line was put on right the oil pump screws were out and the PTO bolts came out by hand

Thread Information