Thread: BOV Help

BOV Help

So I installed my bov last night and revved it to make sure everything was good. Sounded fine.. (the noise of every bov Iíve ever heard on a ski) revved it earlier today and the first two revs were normal, then the last one sounded way off. Like a HUGE woosh sound after. You can hear it in the video.

I test drove it today and it felt a little off. Still fast, but maybe a little less responsive low end. And the whole time it sounded like the last rev in the video. Almost like the BOV is constantly open? Help 🤣

Hi

The last rev sounds just fine. The BOV is opening and relieving pressure after you close off the throttle. ie reducing back pressure.
    PS. Dont rev the engine too much when out of the water, its hard on the clutch amoung other things.

Dave

+1
    Fitted one myself this weekend sounds the same on land on the water not as noticeable guess the seat stops most the noise ( thought I could hear a faint high pitch whistle while riding) does sound different to skis I have ridden with different (riva pipe but not sure if hks or tial bov) bov fitted, some have questioned the benefit of the bov and I have to say when you fit it itís obvious why itís the cheapest option on the market.

but if it saves me from having to do another clutch Iím happy with it.

Thread Information