Page 95 of 100 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
    +1
    If you have trouble getting a screwdriver in there, use a 1/4" hex bit. Put it into a 1/4" box wrench to hold it. Glue it to the wrench so it doesn't fall into the abyss.

Want a good laugh? There is a guy fairly close to me selling an Ultra 150 with 75 hours on it. He is selling it for $1,500 with a trailer. Now that I know how to rebuild these things I am tempted to pick it up.

Am I nuts?

No this happens to all of us. Then you end up with 5 27 gallon containers full of parts you want to toss or sell but wont since you might need them one day

4. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    No this happens to all of us. Then you end up with 5 27 gallon containers full of parts you want to toss or sell but wont since you might need them one day
    I can easily see how that would happen. Lol. I'll try to hold off for now but I'll keep my eyes and ears open for a great deal during the off season. I've wanted two skis from the beginning so I mine as well get one I know how to work on.

Between the STX-R and Ultra 150 which one do you guys prefer?

+1
    I haven't ridden an STX-R, but I would assume that it would handle like an STX 1100. I'll take the Ultra 150. It spins, jumps, flips over, etc. You'll get wet on a 150.

I might grab an Ultra 150 then so I can compare the two. $1,500 for one with less than 100 hours and a trailer is a deal but I am not ready now to grab another ski. I want to make sure the one I have is fully fixed before I start on another possible nightmare project.

I am hoping to get it in the water tomorrow with the new plugs installed. It will be cool but I will deal with it. I want to get another hour or so on a full fresh set of plugs so I can see how they look. Hopefully they look great so I can rest easy this winter hoping this ski is officially fixed. I will post some pics tomorrow of the plugs. Wish me luck!

Ski handles better then a standard stx, much different skis

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beekermartin View Post
    I can easily see how that would happen. Lol. I'll try to hold off for now but I'll keep my eyes and ears open for a great deal during the off season. I've wanted two skis from the beginning so I mine as well get one I know how to work on.

Between the STX-R and Ultra 150 which one do you guys prefer?
    It depends on what you're going to use it for.
    I prefer the Ultra 150 because of what I use it for, which is mostly single riding with an occasional passenger. The places I ride are mostly rivers and trails where the water is relatively smooth.
    If you are going to have passengers often or plan on riding in open water that may have chop, then the 3 seater would probably be better.
    Why not have both?
    It looks like you already have a case of jet ski mania, welcome to the club, so I imagine the next thread is going to be "Ultra 150 - 75 hour service". Hopefully, the ultra project only needs the little stuff. If you catch it before the hard stuff goes bad, you'll be on top of the game. When you go to inspect it, you'll know what to look for.

I just got back from the water. It seems to be running great but I definitely have an issue with the fuel system. The fuel light came on so I switched to the reserve. It ran fine at first but it died after a few minutes. I was able to get it running again and got back to the dock. I took the seat off and sure enough there are a bunch of air bubbles in the fuel line. I gassed up and switched back to the main fuel position and there are still air bubbles. Needless to say I need to figure out what is going on with my fuel system. Can someone please explain how to test it again?

Besides the fuel issue on reserve it is running excellent. Here is a shot of the new plugs after the 30 or so minutes ride. I will take a better pic the next time I pull them but they all look the same.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG3399.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	454679

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    Have you pulled the fuel pickup out and inspected it? I had one with a cracked tube, they are old and brittle.

12. +1 by:

Page 95 of 100 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast

Thread Information