Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Hits rev limiter 7200-7300

What pitch did they recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    Hits rev limiter 7200-7300

What pitch did they recommend?
    He didn't say exactly. Their website shows that the 14/20 is the correct impeller for a stock engine not the 15/21 that Solas's site shows. He said he could repitch it to get the proper RPMs back. I wonder if I am better off sending out my OEM impeller to be rebuilt and pitched. Then sell the Solas. I don't know what to do. I am curious how the zxi impeller performs since it is 7/20 pitch. In theory that should rev way to high and be bouncing off of the rev limiter.

Thats up to you, i have a very nice stocker i would let go for cheap. I have mentioned it before. Yours would be a repair/recondition then a repitch

I wouldnt waste time with the zxi impeller, pitched to low and is set up for a ski half its size
    Last edited by turboman412; 07-22-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Thats up to you, i have a very nice stocker i would let go for cheap. I have mentioned it before. Yours would be a repair/recondition then a repitch

I wouldnt waste time with the zxi impeller, pitched to low and is set up for a ski half its size
    True. At this point I am probably better off having the Solas repitched. I can't return it and it probably would take a long time to resell. I did notice when I was removing it that it did appear to rub the wear ring some. That must have been the noise I heard when it was running off of the hose. It is very minor but I figured I would mention it. It ran perfectly smooth and quiet in the water.

I did install the zxi impeller for now. I figure it can't hurt to just test it out. I will be careful to not over rev it. If it is bouncing off of the rev limiter too easily I will stop running it.

Quote Originally Posted by beekermartin View Post
    He didn't say exactly. Their website shows that the 14/20 is the correct impeller for a stock engine not the 15/21 that Solas's site shows. He said he could repitch it to get the proper RPMs back. I wonder if I am better off sending out my OEM impeller to be rebuilt and pitched. Then sell the Solas. I don't know what to do. I am curious how the zxi impeller performs since it is 7/20 pitch. In theory that should rev way to high and be bouncing off of the rev limiter.
    the 15/21 is for a limited motor,14/20 is for stock motor, riva shows a 12/18. I would think the 15/21 would take away 500rpm since your engine is stock. your getting close, get the cone out of there & be done with it, it's been proven there is a gain without them.

Quote Originally Posted by kartracer View Post
    the 15/21 is for a limited motor,14/20 is for stock motor, riva shows a 12/18. I would think the 15/21 would take away 500rpm since your engine is stock. your getting close, get the cone out of there & be done with it, it's been proven there is a gain without them.
    I know there are some Solas charts on other companies websites that show the 14/20 is for the stock motor and the 15/21 is for the limited. That is why I contacted Solas directly because their chart shows the opposite. They told me the 15/21 was definitely for a stock motor. Here is a link to their chart:
    https://www.solas.com/exec/msg.php?mid=62&cid=62&lg=E

Regardless since I was only hitting 6k rpms and it was much slower out of the hole I now know the 15/21 is not ideal for a stock motor.

Quote Originally Posted by beekermartin View Post
    I know there are some Solas charts on other companies websites that show the 14/20 is for the stock motor and the 15/21 is for the limited. That is why I contacted Solas directly because their chart shows the opposite. They told me the 15/21 was definitely for a stock motor. Here is a link to their chart:
    https://www.solas.com/exec/msg.php?mid=62&cid=62&lg=E
    all im saying is the 15/21 seems like it would kill some rpm's since your engine is stock.i maybe wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by kartracer View Post
    all im saying is the 15/21 seems like it would kill some rpm's since your engine is stock.i maybe wrong??
    Not wrong at all. That is exactly what I thought before I ordered it. I only went with it because Solas assured me it was the correct one for a stock motor. They were wrong and they make the damn thing! You are right. I lost 1k rpms and a lot of acceleration out of the hole.

Why not call solas and let them know whats happened?

Is the impeller you have a concord or dynafly?

Why not call solas and let them know whats happened?

Is the impeller you have a concord or dynafly?
    I had emailed them a few times and then Glen called me and we spoke on the phone. I didn't get into a specific pitch with him. I told him my max RPMs dropped to 6k from 7k and lost a lot of performance compared to my stock impeller. He said he could repitch it to regain the performance.

I have the Concord KG-CD-15/21.

Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread Information