Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    It was hitting 7k rpms with the stock impeller installed. I am curious what the zxi impeller does.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    Looks good, but it should still hit 7k. I would be alittle concerned about that

I think stock equivalent is a 12/18. I would have to look at my skat to see the pitch. Who recommended the impeller you have?

If i was in your situation i would ship the impeller to impros and have them adjust the pitch and balance. Give them a call let them know what you got and what you want
    I did. Took it straight from Solas's catalog as a stock replacement. I'll bet the pitch is off a tad. I know Impro's checks every impeller they sell per Dave.

My skat is a 14/24 i had repaired by impros years back and that ski is a friggen rocket. I know the pitch is different from manufacturers due to shape of impeller.

+1
    They know what they're doing, that's for sure.

I removed the pump today and now have a new issue. The seal or cap that came with the Solas impeller managed to pop off and ride it's way up the drive shaft. It is now far up inside close to the shaft seal. I tried to use a coat hanger to pull it out but no luck. It is has orings on the inside that seal it to the shaft and one on the outside that is suppose to hold it in the impeller. I doubt know how I'm gonna get it out. I assume the drive shaft can only be removed from the inside with the engine removed. I don't know if the coupler can be removed from the shaft and then I could slide the shaft out of the back.

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    My skat is a 14/24 i had repaired by impros years back and that ski is a friggen rocket. I know the pitch is different from manufacturers due to shape of impeller.

Just cut it off with a razor, i never use cones i just use oring and a good amount of marine grade grease

Just cut it off with a razor, i never use cones i just use oring and a good amount of marine grade grease
    It is made of aluminum not rubber. I will find a way to pull it off. Am I correct that the drive shaft can only be removed from the inside?
    Last edited by beekermartin; 07-22-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Yes just like replacing the holder, i am surprised they gave you an aluminum cone only thing they add is looks...

Yes just like replacing the holder, i am surprised they gave you an aluminum cone only thing they add is looks...
    I also don't understand why it popped off and walked up the drive shaft. Just something else I now have to deal with. Very little clearance to get a tool up there to be able to pull it out. Hopefully I can figure out something.

I talked with Impros. They said they can repitch my new Solas impeller for $85 plus shipping both ways. Probably my best option at this point if I can't return it. I am really disappointed how poorly it performed. Especially considering I contacted Solas first to verify that the 15/21 was the proper pitch for a stock motor. It obviously is not.

tuboman, what is the max rpms your Skat Trak hits?

Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread Information